This project aims to enhance the functionality of the Enigma game engine by adding a comprehensive GUI debugger that allows developers to manipulate instance variables in real-time and rewind the game state to a previous point in time.
- Implement a GUI debugger for Enigma game engine
- Allow developers to view and modify instance variables during runtime
- Integrate the debugger into the Enigma game engine workflow
- Provide a user-friendly interface for debugging and fixing issues in games
- Enhance the overall functionality and usefulness of the Enigma game engine
- Add the ability to rewind the game state to a previous point in time
- Streamline the debugging process, making it easier and faster for developers to find and fix issues in their games.
- Provide game developers with more control over the instance variables, allowing for faster iterations and more efficient game development.
- Enhance the overall functionality and usefulness of the Enigma game engine, making it a more attractive option for game developers.
- The ability to rewind the game state allows developers to see the effect of changes in the instance variables and make more informed decisions when debugging and fixing issues in their games.
- A user-friendly interface for debugging and fixing issues, making the Enigma game engine more accessible to a wider range of game developers.
- Implement the ability to serialize the game state to disk in the Enigma game engine's EGM file format. This will allow developers to save and load levels as well as their debugging sessions, making it easier to pick up where they left off.
Mentors: Greg, Robert, Josh
Expected size: 250-350h
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with GUI development using technologies such as Qt
- Knowledge of debugging techniques and tools
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills