I ran into this with the game example keep-left from this website: http://rupert.id.au/tutorials/gamemaker/examples.php
I noticed the following differences between the scoreboard in Game Maker 6:
- You're not able to enter you name
- The message "press to close" isn't shown
- The background configured for the scoreboard is not being shown
- The configured colors for the scoreboard are ignored
- The font used doesn't match the configured one
- Scores are not saved, not even during a single session
Also the following, but I personally don't care about these:
- No border is shown
- The scoreboard is not a separate window and instead covers the whole screen
I was able to reproduce this on both the example and a new example. I was able to reproduce this for the platforms Windows, Linux and SDL.
I believe this has to do with ENIGMA not having the dialog from #1973 which was deprecated by GMSv1.4.
So we implemented
draw_highscore which is in fact still a supported function in GMS2.