Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: (Solved)ENIGMA Shell crashes on Win 7 64-bit  (Read 4717 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #15 Posted on: July 19, 2012, 12:06:28 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
For future reference of anyone else affected by this sort of issue:

Aergis was having trouble with the Radeon card described above while playing Skyrim, and so installed a third-party driver set to patch the issue. This patch knocked out all GL-based applications, including Blender and ENIGMA.

I encouraged Aergis to install the latest version of AMD's driver for the card, as it will likely fix both issues.

If you have this problem and have not tinkered with your graphics, post a new thread.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #16 Posted on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:25 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I'd also like to mention that I have somewhat recently ensured that both examples (Catch the Clown and Maze) are up-to-date, and I do test Enigma on Win7 64 bit periodically, including just last week (it worked great, and both examples ran fine).
Offline (Unknown gender) Aergis
Reply #17 Posted on: July 19, 2012, 11:35:16 AM

View Profile
ok I got everything working and here's how:

I uninstalled my device driver through the control panel->uninstall programs list
I installed the most updated official driver and Enigma and Blener worked
however, half of the graphic glitches I had before while playing Skyrim with the official driver came back
before a glitch would stretch the meshes of trees across the land but that is fixed now
before it would also show noticable ugly seams all down the sides of the human body models and the body textures were an unnaturally low quality and that is still a problem
so what I did is I uninstalled the Device Driver through the uninstall programs list
then I downloaded the latest unofficial driver from DoNotArgue: DNA-AMD Fusion 1.0 – 64bit Test Version
this version doesn't tweak OpenGL and it again fixed the body model and texture glitches I was getting in Skyrim from the official driver
Also Blender and the Enigma Shell work now too
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #18 Posted on: July 19, 2012, 01:57:20 PM

Developer

View Profile
Its weird that ATI publishes broken official drivers that glitches for such a high profile game.
Pages: « 1 2
  Print