Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Progress [Stalled because we can't Git]  (Read 10790 times)
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #15 Posted on: February 24, 2012, 08:38:10 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
I worded that terribly, but both of you pretty much understood what I meant. :P
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #16 Posted on: February 25, 2012, 06:56:25 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
A discussion about getting Windows Git Install working (primarily between Harrikiri and myself) has been split from this topic to here: http://enigma-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=945.0
Reply #17 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 02:10:41 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Just wanted to mention that I just fixed a bunch of stuff with the Plugin (improved APNG, so sprites in EGM don't fail so much), and added a couple wiki pages.

Josh and I are undecided on what to do about Rusky's decision to delete Josh's custom alure-related stuff.

Josh says that he doesn't think he can just have alure in its own git repository and/or stick it in a subproject or binary or whatever.
Cheeseboy seems to be glad that it's gone, and claims that this somehow means that enigma suddenly now supports mp3. I'm hoping to investigate this claim. Maybe learn something about alure in the process.

I am generally of the opinion that Rusky had *some* sort of reason to delete it. It takes a lot of steps to delete something like that from the repository, it's not like you can just accidentally hit the delete key.
Unfortunately, there are strong rumors that Rusky is going to be gone for a long time (possibly more than a year). This means that we're probably going to have to forge our own path, even if that means re-integrating Josh's alure stuff back into the repository (although I hope it doesn't come to that).

If and when Rusky comes back, I want him to see this project, and say "Wow, you didn't do half bad." rather than "You idiots. Now the repository looks like a bomb hit it. No wonder it takes a decade to checkout/update"
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #18 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 07:15:56 AM

Developer

View Profile
Where the hell Rusky go exactly? Prison?

Can't we put alure in \Audio_Systems\OpenAL where it was in the first place? Why was it bad there? Its only about 300kb. Also, what if we make an online system where you just download AudioSystems and extensions? So you don't have to download all of the stuff. Like I plan to make two extensions I made (one is to generate MIDI events for others programs and another is for touchscreen) available for download. Maybe FMOD too (now its in the GIT). But basic audio system like OpenAL should be part of the official package.

Also, can I have the permission to commit to GIT? I am not entirely sure I will not mess something up, but I do plan to use Tortoise so it should be straight forward.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:21:29 AM by HaRRiKiRi » Logged
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #19 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 08:03:58 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
It seems to me that now that we have taken it upon ourselves to maintain a 7z of MinGW, we can pack ALURE and other cross-platform shit into MinGW/include.

We can maintain a separate zip of patches for people who already have MinGW installed. The patch will have include/ALURE, lib/libalure.a, and the patched windres.exe. We can also stick XAudio headers in there if we find any.

And, HaRRi, we need your github username for that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:06:13 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #20 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:49 AM

Developer

View Profile
and the patched windres.exe
Patched? Didn't MinGW themselves fix the res problem? Or you did? Also, when will this icon thing be "live"?

And, HaRRi, we need your github username for that.
edit: Also, my nick on Git is TheExDeus so add me so I can f*** up the repo. I want to commit some surface functions and we will see how that ends up.
Reply #21 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:04 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
MinGW fixed it, yes, but we won't be seeing it in the MinGW-get repo for, well, ages. So we'll need to grab the version they fixed and release it as a patch.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #22 Posted on: February 27, 2012, 02:09:40 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I like these ideas. I just want to mention that we should also consider offline alternatives. I think the download page should provide an Online ENIGMA and an Offline ENIGMA. The prior will download and install things on the fly, like we've been talking about. The offline version will include everything up front (we might be able to offer a web form with checkboxes for the components that they want and don't want, and then assemble a package for them).

Obviously not a big priority right now, but we should keep it in mind for down the road.
Offline (Male) DarkAceZ
Reply #23 Posted on: March 02, 2012, 09:38:07 AM

View Profile
For the record, I fixed the dependencies for the Install#Linux page. :V
(Late) Hey, awesome!
My Goodness! Is it 4:30? I'm supposed to be having a back, sack and crack!

[edit]
Offline (Unknown gender) Ideka
Reply #24 Posted on: March 03, 2012, 06:14:26 PM

View Profile
Not sure why you guys insist on using Git. The company I work for makes me use git for source control, I hate it with a passion. To me, SVN simply works better (much less bull to deal with).
Sort of late but, here, take a look at this: http://hginit.com/00.html
It's about mercurial instead of git, but a lot of stuff (if not everything) applies anyway.
Reply #25 Posted on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:11 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Late, yes. :P

I'm just going to post what I had to say here in a new newspost.
Reply #26 Posted on: March 26, 2012, 01:09:24 PM

Developer

View Profile
Ok so I have problems with this GIT thing. Tried about 2 hours to commit some changes and this stuff is just idiotically complicated. I see no reason why version control needs more than 3 buttons (or at least visible ones). I think I did commit something, but it commit locally? Now when I try to commit to "master", then I have problems with authentication. This is the error:
C:\ENIGMA_Git\enigma-dev>git push
The authenticity of host 'github.com (207.97.227.239)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'github.com,207.97.227.239' (RSA) to the list of know
n hosts.
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
Where do I need to add this public key? And where is it in GitHub? Is it the "API token"? That seems like the only thing that deals with password and the like.
Reply #27 Posted on: March 26, 2012, 04:13:01 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Account Settings (top right) > SSH Keys
Reply #28 Posted on: March 26, 2012, 05:02:49 PM

Developer

View Profile
Success!

Now if people can run the git version (so Linux and I guess Mac) could try to compile these:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21117924/Surfaces/development_side_effect2.gmk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21117924/Surfaces/reflections_surface.gmk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21117924/Surfaces/sun_rays_room_technique%20V2.gmk

edit: Why is sirmxe spamming git?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:14:03 AM by HaRRiKiRi » Logged
Offline (Male) polygone
Reply #29 Posted on: March 27, 2012, 11:53:20 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Harri, you use Windows?
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print