Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent Events  (Read 10164 times)
Post made March 24, 2011, 08:22:12 AM was deleted at the author's request.
Offline (Unknown gender) MrGriggs
Reply #16 Posted on: March 24, 2011, 08:40:53 AM

View Profile Email
What do you mean?

Are you a high strung person?
Offline (Unknown gender) Krisando
Reply #17 Posted on: March 24, 2011, 05:48:11 PM

View Profile
Holy cow, Enigma has native support for PThreads!!

Btw, Yoyogames has increased GM "Pro" pricing to $40us. Making Enigma ever more so seductive. [+
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #18 Posted on: March 24, 2011, 07:12:27 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Holy cow, Enigma has native support for PThreads!!
I don't think that the engine itself uses them.  By default, the G++ will have support, though.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Reply #19 Posted on: March 25, 2011, 06:31:54 AM

View Profile Email
I don't think that the engine itself uses them.  By default, the G++ will have support, though.

I suppose because it's open source you could just edit the ENIGMA engine to utilize pThreads how you want...
Post made March 25, 2011, 08:15:49 AM was deleted at the author's request.
Reply #21 Posted on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:55 AM

View Profile Email
Sorry, I must seem like a douche now.

Have you done any more functions for ENIGMA recently?
Post made March 25, 2011, 01:22:02 PM was deleted at the author's request.
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #23 Posted on: March 25, 2011, 07:16:49 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I've commited r678, which includes all the LGM bugfixes I mentioned, plus the new TargetHandler system I've been working on which will hopefully mean that the Options Panel shit is done now.
Reply #24 Posted on: March 26, 2011, 04:52:27 AM

View Profile Email
Does the Android option in ENIGMA actually build for android out of the box currently?

As far as I'm aware Linux never used executables in the same way that Windows does...
Offline (Unknown gender) luiscubal
Reply #25 Posted on: March 26, 2011, 07:12:12 AM

View Profile Email
As far as I'm aware Linux never used executables in the same way that Windows does...
Define the "way that Windows does". Linux has ELF(among other formats) and Windows has PE.
What feature of EXE/PE missing in ELF is so important to prevent ENIGMA from working on Linux/Android?
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #26 Posted on: March 26, 2011, 09:57:24 AM

Contributor
View Profile Email
Does the Android option in ENIGMA actually build for android out of the box currently?

They are identical formats; it's just how they are packaged.  ELF is designed so that an executable will be placed in a predefined "binaries" directory and run as a command, where needed "DLLs" (SOs) are placed in other directories, and everything is installed as a set of dependencies (only install what you need, and if two programs need the same thing, only get one copy).  All of the software is sorted into the proper places in the system and set up in a way so that the user can't easily modify them and neither can any remote user.

For example, under Linux, I simply run "firefox" in a terminal to open Firefox.  When I create a "launcher," (known as a shortcut in Windows), it just runs the command when I click it.  The system knows where to find Firefox as a program, and Firefox knows where to find its needed files because they are all in preset places in the system.

Windows EXEs, on the other hand, are designed to be self-contained in individual directories where each user can run them by just double-clicking them.  Windows EXEs can be run by command-line, but most of them are designed to just run out of where they were installed.  This means, however, that Windows EXEs often repeat their contents - all media players that use, for example, a DLL that loads MP3, will have their own copy, rather than having a single copy somewhere in the system that they both use.  This guarantees that they will work with the version that they have without requiring updates for new DLL versions.

Under Windows, I go to Firefox's installation directory and run firefox.exe from there.  When I create a shortcut, it just links to this one file, and clicking it opens the file (which will open Firefox).  Firefox knows where all of its stuff is because it's all included in its directory.

ELFs can be run just like Windows EXEs, however, they are not set up this way by default, and it's often discouraged.  However, for smaller-scale games, this is an easier way to do things.

In addition, Windows EXEs can be run like ELFs to an extent - PATH will pull DLLs from places other than the running directory if they are not found there.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:01:42 AM by RetroX » Logged
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Reply #27 Posted on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:33 AM

View Profile Email
So would you be able to direct me to find out how to get my helloworld.exe running on an android phone (samsung galaxy s) or on my android virtual device, please.
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #28 Posted on: March 29, 2011, 02:25:53 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
So would you be able to direct me to find out how to get my helloworld.exe running on an android phone (samsung galaxy s) or on my android virtual device, please.
For starters, there is no extension for ELF.  "helloworld.exe" under Linux would be just "helloworld."  Secondly, ask TGMG, because the Android is completely different on its own.
Offline (Unknown gender) TGMG
Reply #29 Posted on: March 29, 2011, 04:06:40 PM

Developer

View Profile WWW Email
http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Android

Although it won't completely work, it requires the enigma compiler to write the resources to a specific file rather than at the end of the exe so I have to wait for option pane and stuff like that to complete it.
me
GMbed 2.0 :: Embed you gm games in websites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
  Print