Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiling on OS X  (Read 2003 times)
Offline (Male) ugriffin
Posted on: December 19, 2010, 01:29:31 AM

View Profile WWW Email
Quite simple: How? I've searched the forums and the Sourceforge page but I get nothing, there's just ENIGMA-Core which is for Windows, and some other code with no specific platform. Does the Linux source work on OS X too? The port shouldn't be too difficult.

I've been wanting to play with this. Any pointers?

Also, a heads up, I need to run this website though a web-proxy because it doesn't load on my ISP. Very annoying.
Offline (Male) kkg
Reply #1 Posted on: December 19, 2010, 03:14:03 AM

MSN Messenger - kamikazigames@gmail.com
View Profile Email
There is a user that floats around here known as TGMG. He's done a majority of the OSX-based work on ENIGMA, so you may want to try and get in touch with him.
PC: Core i7-2600 @ 3.8ghz | 4x 4gb G.Skill RipjawZ DDR3-2000 | GTX580 | Win7 x64
Time is the greatest teacher, however it kills every single one of its pupils.
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #2 Posted on: December 19, 2010, 03:40:15 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
afaik, all you need is some super-massive dev kit for OSX, and then everything will just work.

If anybody knows the exact process, please document it on the wiki.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #3 Posted on: December 19, 2010, 09:21:29 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I've never gotten Java to work on a Mac to which I had access. If LGM runs for you, all you need is the developer tool set mentioned by Ism above. It's about a gigabyte and a half, if I recall correctly (I recall TGMG telling me it was more, but I'm not sure how much more).

You will need an account with Apple at http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action in order to obtain their supermassive tools. Most of them aren't necessary for the correct performance of ENIGMA, but I haven't found any way of obtaining the required tools individually.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) ugriffin
Reply #4 Posted on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:32 PM

View Profile WWW Email
I already have XCode installed, if that's what you mean. I use it for my Mac development (check the GMac Project, also on sourceforge). If anyone could give me a link to the source I need (or do I need SVN?) I would be grateful.

As for this website, I need to use a web proxy, since the server never responds when using the site natively through my ISP. This is REALLY annoying, PLEASE fix.

EDIT: LGM works fine for me. In fact, I tried passing some arguments to Java to force LGM to use the native Mac menubar, and LGM didn't listen. :(
Reply #5 Posted on: December 20, 2010, 03:35:06 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I am now torrenting the sdk dmg. It is the file attached at the bottom of this post. The reason I'm doing this is because it's really hard to find (you need a mac dev account, which asks for your social security number and first born), and it's ridiculously large, so by torrenting it, you can download it at your leisure and stop and continue as you'd like, as long as a seeder is available. I should be seeding it with pretty close to 90% uptime. It might take a minute or two before it picks up the seed. If you're having trouble finding a seed, tell me on the IRC and I'll try and find out what's going on.

Please re-seed.

Please be aware that the resulting file is 3.5 GB. I have not tested it myself yet, but the download went smoothly and I've never had a problem with data corruption in the past, so it should be good.

If this torrent doesn't work, you might have more luck with an existing one on TPB:
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/5793708/Xcode_3.2.3_and_iOS_SDK_4.0.2.5793708.TPB.torrent
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:12:38 PM by IsmAvatar » Logged
Reply #6 Posted on: December 20, 2010, 03:39:07 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
ugriffin: LGM overrides whatever L&F you try to tell it to have. This is programmed in. We're considering relaxing this restriction.
Post made December 20, 2010, 06:50:00 PM was deleted at the author's request.
Reply #8 Posted on: December 20, 2010, 07:40:44 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
I was kidding about the social security number. In order to download the program with the SDK from Mac's website, you need to be a registered developer. Registration is of course free, but they ask for sensitive information like you name, address, and phone number. Then you have to scrounge around on their pages to find the stupid download link. Once you find it and attempt to download it, it's of course standard browser-to-server download. And who has time to download 3.5 GB all at once? So the torrent is really just a convenience thing. If you're that concerned, then by all means, sell your soul to Mac and download the thing straight from their servers yourself.
Offline (Unknown gender) TGMG
Reply #9 Posted on: December 22, 2010, 03:19:53 AM

Developer

View Profile WWW Email
ugriffen, since I have forgotten exactly how I set up mac for compling, hopefully you can help me writing the wiki on how to set it up. Bascially:
1) Obtain mac SDK (thanks to ism who is currently torrenting above)
2) Install subversion for mac (only if you are a developer or want the latest version)
3) Open Terminal
4) cd to the directory you want enigma in
5) type "svn co https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev enigma-dev"
6) wait for it to finish downloading
7) cd to the trunk directory
8) type java -jar lgm*

But please tell me any problems you have following that process or any differences for your system.

The mac compiling for enigma is nearly fixed, all I need to find out is how to change "/var/folders/st/stELWEhiGKCM2jk8VCU1L++++TI/-Tmp-/egm5669369153051065770.app"
Into "./MacOS/build/Release/EnigmaXcode.app/Contents/MacOS/EnigmaXcode" and everything will be great :)
me
GMbed 2.0 :: Embed you gm games in websites.
Offline (Unknown gender) Scorpo
Reply #10 Posted on: April 30, 2011, 08:04:43 PM

View Profile
I created a somewhat-working file for mac here http://sokatsuki.hostwebs.com/enigma-dev.zip
Pages: [1]
  Print