As of Enigma r234, the LateralGM included with Enigma now has the ability to save in the GM7 and GM8 formats (gmk).
Please note that support for these formats is experimental at this state, and may do any of the following:
- Error on saving a GM file.
- Error on loading a normal GM file.
- Produce corrupted GM files.
- Be able to read the corrupted GM files it produced.
- Not be able to read the GM files it produced.
- Screw up some resource data, but not corrupt the GM file.
- Cause data loss during a conversion process between any two versions. (This is intended behavior, since different versions support different feature sets, so some features may be lost between two versions)
If you experience any of these problems, or any other problems, with the exception of the last one listed (seeing as it is intended behavior), first do an svn update to ensure that a later revision doesn't fix them, and then you may report them in this post. Remember, they are LGM bugs, and NOT Enigma bugs.
If you don't want to use the experimental features, simply choose "600" when saving your file, and the behavior should remain mostly the same as it was before these features - always saving as GM6.
One of the biggest benefits expected to come out of this is the ability to use alpha transparency in sprites in 800 (GM8: gmk).