Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that are broke  (Read 9074 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) The 11th plague of Egypt
Reply #15 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:51:44 AM

View Profile
It said it autodetected it, and I clicked ok, then I reset it since it did nothing at all, and autodetected it again.
Still it doesn't work. Maybe I should ask on the C::B forums, but it could take time.

My NetBeans works just fine, so Cygwin is installed correctly.

I'll be offline for a couple of hours, sorry.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #16 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 09:04:58 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
No worries, 11th. I've a lot to take care of.

I'm still impressed by our newest member's actions. I'm inspired. I think I may even go back and comment more things, if only for these once-in-a-blue-moon occurrences.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #17 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 09:08:34 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Quote from: Mith
I found the error message "Unable to load plugin: jna.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)" a bit mystic - clearer messages would be nice, but not necessary at the moment
What would you advise?

Quote from: Mith
(during the search, I found something that may be a bug: should the string at line 283 in LGM.java ("Plugins") really be capitalized? It checks for "plugins", and the folder is named "plugins".)
No. If you look on the line before, you see that I check for the "plugins" folder first. If it's not found, I then check for the "Plugins" folder. This is simply a hack to appease the people who like to use a capital first letter for folder names.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:28:17 AM by IsmAvatar » Logged
Reply #18 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 09:14:45 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
...but also wish to use Unix.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) Mith
Reply #19 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 12:27:46 PM

View Profile Email
Josh:

Thanks, you give me too much credit :). In fact, I have been visiting these forums once in a while, interested in the progress of the project. And when I saw that the new version was out and needed testing, I decided to contribute a little.

The terminal output gave a couple of warnings (such as: "Ignoring error in specialization expression at position 19: Expected operator at this point"), followed by a large string of pluses . Regarding include_next, I looked it up earlier: It finds the first occurrence of the header file, and then skips the current directory searched, instead including the next occurrence in the following directories (see more here: http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/gcc/cpp_11.html).

IsmAvatar:

Regarding the error message, something like: "Unable to load plugin "jna.jar": Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)" seems clearer to me. But if it is intended for developers, the current format might be better. Knowing the meaning of the colon-separated list, for instance that the "null" is the result of the getCause() method, can be useful when debugging.

Regarding the "Plugins", that makes sense. I just skimmed over it, and it seemed like a typical typing error.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:29:50 PM by Mith » Logged
Reply #20 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 01:24:39 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Enigma r155. LGM and Enigma.jar runs without error (aside from the 3 ignored errors). Created one room. Clicked "Run", still no errors. Followed remainder of procedure to compile/run the output game from C::B, and get the following errors:

Code: [Select]
||=== Game, lin-debug ===|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|27|error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp||In function ‘int draw_set_blend_mode(int)’:|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|31|error: ‘GL_SRC_ALPHA’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|31|error: ‘GL_DST_ALPHA’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|31|error: ‘glBlendFunc’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|32|error: ‘GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|33|error: ‘GL_ZERO’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|34|error: ‘GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp||In function ‘int draw_set_blend_mode_ext(double, double)’:|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|39|error: ‘GLenum’ does not name a type|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|40|error: ‘blendequivs’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/ismavatar/enigma-dev/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/Graphics_Systems/OpenGL/GSblend.cpp|40|error: ‘glBlendFunc’ was not declared in this scope|
||=== Build finished: 10 errors, 0 warnings ===|
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:26:41 PM by IsmAvatar » Logged
Reply #21 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 01:29:16 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Mith:
Well, it'll be nice to have someone around who isn't afraid to look at the code.
Regarding include_next; yeah, that sounds about right. Though I fail to see the point, it won't be difficult to implement.

Ism:
I'll join you shortly in chat on that one (half hour or so; have to run now).
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #22 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 01:38:09 PM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
Ism: Apparently you lack the OpenGL headers. Either that or they are located in the wrong folder and gcc can't find them.
Reply #23 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 01:53:49 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Not unlikely. This is a relatively fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 with only g++ installed. I have taken no extra steps to install any OpenGL/mesa related libraries.

Edit: I'm an idiot. "Dependencies... Linux... libgl1-mesa-dev (or similar)".
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:55:56 PM by IsmAvatar » Logged
Reply #24 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 02:55:20 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Build instructions apply to developers, too.
...Haha. Yes, I can understand why you'd skip them, since you know your way around all the other instructions there. But yeah, just get the libgl1-mesa-dev package.
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #25 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 05:35:36 PM

View Profile
my same old errors persist with rev. 157
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Reply #26 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 06:42:33 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
r156 and r157 don't fix any C-side errors. r157 does, however, fix a Java-side error that effected all games with Sprites.
Reply #27 Posted on: April 17, 2010, 12:10:22 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Freezway:
If you would, run LGM and go to Enigma->Keyword List->Functions and paste the contents here (preferably via pastebin, but, whatever).
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #28 Posted on: April 17, 2010, 12:41:24 AM

View Profile
I will if rev. 157 has it, otherwise we're SOL when sourceforge is down.

There is nothing listed there. (in rev 157.) I could send a screenshot, but theres nothing there. Nothing happens on the terminal either.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:42:56 AM by freezway » Logged
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Reply #29 Posted on: April 17, 2010, 09:25:15 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Freezway--
Yeah, it's in the later revisions. Sourceforge is back up now; give it another go.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »
  Print