Pages: 1 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that are broke  (Read 9219 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Posted on: April 15, 2010, 10:20:20 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Those who have checked out the repository and began testing can continue reporting things here.
Presently, the project is torn between platforms, and is in what I would call a pretty pathetic state.
So far this phase, I cannot say "what works, works well." Most of the previous releases, not a lot worked, but what did was at least mostly reliable. This time, I couldn't even get it compiling on multiple platforms right away due to the insane amount of differences between each. Removing hard-coded features has proven to make the project very needy; not to mention LGM also seems to be in a worse state than last release.

What I'm coping/dealing with now:
- ENIGMA freezes/LGM segfaults on some 64bit machines (likely the ones such that sizeof(size_t) isn't matching up with another aliased size; segfault may be due to JNA's sizes not matching up with C++'s after all). Freezway has basically confirmed it is a problem with 64bit systems, as it worked fine on a 32bit version of the same OS.
- LGM's code editor is even worse on Linux; it misaligns text with cursor when keywords/comments are italicized. Not to mention on this box, Java is slower than all beans. Over all, I'm deeming it 'half a head of hair short of unusable;' but the latter half of my hair should be ripped out by tomorrow evening.
- Allocations on this box (Ubuntu) are ridiculously slow, and I have reason to believe that the frame timing mechanism is FUBAR. I will investigate thoroughly when some other problems are resolved. The reason I believe it is the allocation is that the framerate resumes full speed (if chopped) when an instance is destroyed before each new one is created (Meaning the program doesn't have to dig for more space before allocating some).
Does anyone know of a flag for fast, careless allocations? :P

If those don't seem like big problems to you, I want you to counsel me.

Other than that though, the project is great, thanks for asking. <_<"

Again, following this post are the instructions (still subject to change) for checking out and testing ENIGMA. You will have to follow these in order to test until I deem that the project is stable enough to distribute zipped (aka, when those above errors are corrected--at least ENIGMA's).

As for me, I have a lot of math homework. I will devote the first half of tomorrow to that, and then I will be done for a little until I have to write a fifteen-page essay on Scientology, which I must say I am not looking forward to.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:08:33 PM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #1 Posted on: April 15, 2010, 10:21:53 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Please be aware that SourceForge is undergoing upgrade work April 17th and 18th between 0500 and 1300 UTC. All components of the site are down except for the external file mirrors. This includes all SVN repositories. You can follow the site status through their website here or through @sfnet_ops -a2h

Procedure in general is as follows: (Subject to revision; pay attention)
Note: This is only for people who wish to test but do not wish to wait for "stable test," meaning "at least moderately workable pile of fail."

IRC Channel
ENIGMA has an IRC channel set up on Freenode. Predictably, it is called #enigma-dev. This link may take you there.

Revision 4.1 - Added a Linux dependency.
Revision 4.2 - Added note about running LGM from terminal
Revision 4.3 - Added Java Linux package name for the sake of sanity

Dependencies

If you are on Windows, do the following:
- Install an SVN client (either the command line version, or a visual one like RapidSVN or Tortoise)
- Install Code::Blocks ( www.codeblocks.org )
- After checking out the SVN (see "Getting ENIGMA"), Copy this to ENIGMAsystem/additional/zlib/: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1052740/libzlib.a

If you are on Linux, you will need the following packages:
- g++
- libgl1-mesa-dev (or similar)
- zlib1g-dev (SHOULD be installed already, but Ism's wasn't)
- codeblocks
- svn / rapidsvn / tortoise
- Java (I -strongly- recommend sun-java6-jre)

Getting ENIGMA to Work

Getting ENIGMA

-Check out the SVN repository via the most applicable of the following:
---From command line, you will use  svn co https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev enigma-dev )
---From RapidSVN, go to the Repository menu, and select Checkout. Provide the URL https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev, and specify where you want it downloaded.
-The above will begin downloading ENIGMA. Let it finish.
-Go to ./trunk/
-Go to ./CompilerSource/
-Open the Code::Blocks project. Find the drop down box that likely reads "Release." If you're on Linux, set it to "Release-Linux."
-Hit compile (blue gear)
-Done, go back up to Trunk

Running ENIGMA Itself (LGM)

-Run LateralGM, best done with a terminal via "java -jar lateralgm16b4.jar" -- This terminal should have +++++++++++++ at the bottom.
---If it does not, or if that errors, paste output here.
------If the terminal errors that java is not a valid application, then you are on Windows.
------Find "java.exe" and add its directory to your PATH variable from the control panel.
-Make something simple (like a single object drawing a graded circle; that's what I've been using as a preliminary test)
-Under the "Enigma" menu, hit "Run"
-Check the terminal window (the one I hope you used to run LGM) for syntax errors.
---If there is one that you don't think is correct, post it here. (I'm currently developing the syntax checker).
-Your code has now been secretly translated to C++ behind your back.

Testing the Game You Just "Ran"

-Open trunk/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/ENIGMAengine.cbp in Code::Blocks
-Select your OS from the dropdown box once more (Debug is faster to build, release will run fastest)
-Press Compile
---If anything errors and you think you followed the above correctly, right click the error list, select "Copy Contents to Clipboard," and paste them all here.
-Press run.
---If it doesn't behave as expected, describe what went wrong here

What now?

Repeat the step starting at "Make something simple" until you're sick of finding bugs.
The most immediate concern is that everyone can achieve a simple circle.

Common Errors

ENIGMA
error: ‘instdata’ was not declared in this scope
--This means you did not actually create a game from LGM (By clicking "Run") before trying to compile it, the compile failed due to syntax errors, or you restarted LGM in the meantime. It isn't really an error.

LateralGM
- SvnKit missing, corrupted, or unusable. Please download and place next to the enigma plugin in order to enable auto-update.
---This is not an error. It is a warning thrown by Enigma.jar, warning you that it's not able to update itself if you don't have SvnKit. Of course, Enigma doesn't need to update itself.

- Unable to load plugin: SvnKit.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)
- Unable to load plugin: jna.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)
---These are not errors. They are warnings thrown by LGM indicating that it can't load those files as LGM Plugins -- because they *aren't* LGM Plugins! Basically these are just reminders to the devs that we shouldn't just throw every darned file we need access to in the Plugins folder >_<
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:01:28 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #2 Posted on: April 15, 2010, 10:56:54 PM

View Profile
I got it to run on 32 bit linux. Anyway, on my 64 bit, it doesn't crash if I press run and there is only a room (no objects), just though that might be helpful. I will continue to see what does/doesn't work.
Edit: more info: I can run the game too. Im not sure why, but LGM stopped crashing, but I still get this:
Code: [Select]
/home/andrew/enigma/trunk/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/initialize.h||In function ‘int initialize_everything()’:|
/home/andrew/enigma/trunk/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/initialize.h|62|error: ‘instdata’ was not declared in this scope|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

whenI try to build the game.

EDIT: ok I take that back. LGM is crashing when I do it again. I didn't change anything. Honest.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==
//above is for rev. 153 below is for rev. 154

LGM now consistently does not explode when I hit run. But it is now confused. :|
Java Version: 10600 (1.6.0_0)
Loading lib files in /home/andrew/enigma/trunk/lgm16b4.jar
01_move.lgl 02_main1.lgl 03_main2.lgl 04_control.lgl
 05_score.lgl 06_extra.lgl 07_draw.lgl
SvnKit missing, corrupted, or unusable. Please download and place next to the enigma plugin in order to enable auto-update.
Initializing Enigma: Intializing Parsers.Probing for GCC...
GCC located. Path: `'
Successfully loaded GCC definitions
Undefining _GLIBCXX_EXPORT_TEMPLATE
# 1 "blank.txt"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command-line>"
# 1 "blank.txt"
8dirs:
"/usr/include/c++/4.4/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.4/x86_64-linux-gnu/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.4/backward/"
"/usr/local/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.1/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.4.1/include-fixed/"
"/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/"
"/usr/include/"
Successfully parsed ENIGMA's engine (0ms)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Initializing EDL Parser... Done.
Unable to load plugin: jna.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)
Location in memory of structure: 0x7f1ea03ee8a0
File version: 600

COPYING SOME FUCKING RESOURCES:
Copying sprite names [0]
Copying sound names [0]
Copying background names [0]
Copying path names [kidding, these are totally not implemented :P] [0]
Copying script names [0]
Copying font names [kidding, these are totally not implemented :P] [0]
Copying timeline names [kidding, these are totally not implemented :P] [0]
Copying object names [1]
Copying room names [1]
SYNTAX CHECKING AND PRIMARY PARSING
0 Scripts:
1 Objects:
 obj_0: 12 sub-events:
  Event[8]: [8,0]Syntax error in object `obj_0', event 8:0:
Line 1, position 12 (absolute 11): Unrecognized function or script `draw_circle'

Thats the CLI output. Then if I try to compile whatever it sent there, I get
||=== Game, lin-debug ===|
/home/andrew/enigma/trunk/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/initialize.h||In function ‘int initialize_everything()’:|
/home/andrew/enigma/trunk/ENIGMAsystem/SHELL/initialize.h|62|error: ‘instdata’ was not declared in this scope|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|
from the output box on Code::Blocks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:12:29 AM by freezway » Logged
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #3 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 12:19:02 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
The following are not errors:

* SvnKit missing, corrupted, or unusable. Please download and place next to the enigma plugin in order to enable auto-update.

This is not an error. It is a warning thrown by Enigma.jar, warning you that it's not able to update itself if you don't have SvnKit. Of course, Enigma doesn't need to update itself.

* Unable to load plugin: SvnKit.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)
* Unable to load plugin: jna.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)

These are not errors. They are warnings thrown by LGM indicating that it can't load those files as LGM Plugins -- because they *aren't* LGM Plugins! Basically these are just reminders to the devs that we shouldn't just throw every darned file we need access to in the Plugins folder >_<

A few other notes
LateralGM branched between the Trunk and a branch called Versioning. This branch allowed me to develop better GM7 and GM8 support, which is necessarily unstable since it's incomplete (hence the 'branch' status). This allows stable development and more finalizations to be done on the trunk to allow it to finally become LGM1.6 release, while development continues for the Versioning branch (Which is not a necessary part of the 1.6 release).

Due to Enigma having very high demands on experimental and progressive features, I was forced to take Enigma off of the Trunk and into the Versioning . branch (See Versioning Disclaimer). As such, there may be some bugs, especially pertaining to GM7 or GM8 files. Do feel free to report any bugs you come across either here or on the LGM forum, but do realize that it may just be something I'm still working on.

Due to a change in the support of the file format, there have also been some important changes to the information that I eventually pass off to Enigma (the structure of the information doesn't change. Think of it like a captcha - you read numbers in an image, and then type them in the text box. Now imagine that the captcha uses a different, fancier technique, but still displays the same numbers, so you still type the same numbers in the text box. LGM is the captcha. The structure passed into the DLL is the textbox). This new information may cause some incompatibilities (like it may be harder to read the captcha).

Versioning Disclaimer: Notice, I'm not saying I switched to the Versioning branch because that's where I can just dump all my experimental and broken features. The features I implement are very well thought out, and implemented fully, not broken. However, they are progressive in the nature that they change the way LGM works internally, and in very progressive ways. Before making such changes, I always think them out as thoroughly as possible and think of what it could possibly break - as well as using some nifty Java/Eclipse tools to look up references to the code to see what all could break - and then I test that to ensure that it has not broken. So again, these features are not "experimental" or subject to breaking LGM - I'm not running with scissors. They are just progressive because they change LGM in ways that I am not yet ready to change the Trunk. Think of the trunk as a conservative, if you will. It just wants to work and get things done, even if it means ad-hoccing stuff. But it'll keep trucking along in its old ways until either it gets to release, or it becomes overcome by the progressives (e.g. I merge the branch back in)

@freezway: I don't have access to a 64 bit system, and I don't know if Josh does either. If you could, see if you can't isolate the cause to a small change - like if adding an object causes the seg fault.

I would have liked to have had a session where, instead of saying "omg, something works, now let's run with it and see if we can compile games", we could have instead done a full print out of as much information as possible from a game obtained through the dll, just for testing. Then we'd try out passing in different variations of resources - like just one room, and then multiple rooms, and then just one object, and then a room and an object - etc. As it stands now, it's very difficult to debug a seg fault or a crash, because nothing is isolated. We're just running with it and saying "zomg, something failed somewhere, but we did 200 things, so we don't know where."
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #4 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:00 AM

View Profile
so does this mean that we'll have to compiling from a different section of the SVN? Are josh's instructions at the top still relevant? Also, it stopped segfaulting... now it complains that there are syntax errors and "draw_circle" is not a function. (See prev. post) I have access to:
32 bit win xp/vista
32 and 64 bit ubuntu 9.10
64 bit vista if my sister will let me (probably a no)
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #5 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 12:32:19 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
The instructions are still relevant. What I said is mostly just informative as to why LGM may seem less stable or more broken than it was before - because it *is*. We switched from the stable Trunk (beta 3) to the unstable Versioning branch (not beta or anything - just checked out and built straight from the repo). The switch to the new branch is already included in the Enigma repository, a dozen or so commits ago. You'll actually notice that the LGM that comes with enigma is not officially released on the LGM website (it's called "LGM16b4", even though the latest LGM is b3). In fact, currently the latest releases of LGM are incompatible with Enigma, since they all are built from the trunk, and not the branch, and Enigma uses some branch-specific features.
Reply #6 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 07:00:48 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Freezway--
Your latest problem seems to be that, although the parse completed successfully, it entirely missed sprite functions. I will devise something to display a list of all available functions, if Ism will implement GM's button for it (Sorry Ism, you'll have to create a windowed text box again if we're to get this piece of information).

When you are ready, Ism, I will implement these:
const char* first_available_resource(); //Returns the name of the first resource on the list, or "" otherwise.
bool resource_isFunction(); //Returns whether the resource can be called as a function
int resource_argCountMin(); //Returns the minimum number of arguments to the function; the names cannot be fetched.
int resource_argCountMax(); //Returns the maximum number of arguments to the function; again, the names cannot be fetched.
bool resource_isTypeName(); //Returns whether the resource can be used as a typename.
bool resource_isGlobal();   //Returns whether the resource is nothing but a global variable.

const char* next_available_resource(); //Returns the name of the next resource on the list, or "" otherwise.
bool resources_atEnd(); //Returns whether we're really done iterating the list

And yes, Ism, I know we're in dire need of better coordination, but the people here most inclined to be as coordinated as you and I right off the bat all have computers that just run ENIGMA and LGM, and run them well. I can tell from the output messages what's wrong with the project, so I don't need to distribute a test game to make them run.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:52:23 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) The 11th plague of Egypt
Reply #7 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:56 AM

View Profile
I'm on Win 7 32bits right now, and I need some advice.

If you are on Windows, do the following:
- Copy this to ENIGMAsystem/additional/zlib/: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1052740/libzlib.a
What should I do in order to have a ENIGMAsystem directory?

-Check out the SVN repository (from command line, use  svn co https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev enigma-dev )
What command line shall I use? You mean somewhere inside C::B? I've never used it...

-Run LateralGM, best done with a terminal via "java -jar lateralgm16b4.jar" -- This terminal should have +++++++++++++ at the bottom.
---If it does not, or if that errors, paste output here.
I'm lost here. Where do I download LateralGM? Is it ok if I just execute the downloaded .jar?
Reply #8 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 07:58:40 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
The 11th plague of Egypt:
Good point. That was my bad.

The command line is
svn co https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev enigma-dev
That line will invoke SVN to download ENIGMA for you in its entirety, except libzlib.a, which I provided by URL. If you downloaded RapidSVN, its interface will be a little easier. Go to the Repository menu, and select Checkout. Provide the URL https://enigma-dev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/enigma-dev, and specify where you want it downloaded.
It is ultimately best if you run it from terminal, as that will provide useful debug info.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:01:08 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #9 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:06:36 AM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
It works 100% perfectly on my 64 bit windows 7 home premium
amd phenom II x64 quad core
I'm not having any issues with lgm or enigma, and if I do it's because the current revision is broken :P
Offline (Unknown gender) Mith
Reply #10 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:10:08 AM

View Profile Email
System info:

32-bit Debian, with most packages from stable, and a few from testing.
gcc 4.3.
OpenJDK
I built with "Release-linux" and "lin-build"
I included "-fPIC" for each project, but I haven't tested if it fixed things

Getting ENIGMA: Went fine.

Running ENIGMA Itself (LGM):

When I started up the editor through "java -jar lgm16b4.jar", I got the following output:

Loading lib files in /home/mithunder/Documents/Fun/enigma-dev2/enigma-dev/trunk/lgm16b4.jar
SvnKit missing, corrupted, or unusable. Please download and place next to the enigma plugin in order to enable auto-update.
# 1 "blank.txt"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command-line>"
# 1 "blank.txt"
7dirs:
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/i486-linux-gnu/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/backward/"
"/usr/local/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include-fixed/"
"/usr/include/"
ERROR in parsing engine file: this is the worst thing that could have happened within the first few seconds of compile.
  #define __GNUC_PREREQ(maj, min) \
((__GNUC__ << 16) + __GNUC_MINOR__ >= ((maj) << 16) + (min))
Not found: __builtin_huge_val
In file included from cstddef: Line 48, position 15: Unexpected symbol '<' [with ln == 0]
code snippet: header

#include <bits/c++config.h>
#include_next <<>><stddef.h>

#ifndef _GLIBCXX_CSTDDEF
#define _GLIB
------------------------------------------------

I continued following the instructions, but when I clicked on "Run" under "Enigma" in LGM with a very simple setup (two objects in a room), in the first svn-version LGM crashed, and on the version I am testing now, it is complaining about syntax errors.

I got it to work by replacing line 242 in file "cfile_parse_macros.cpp" with:

//if (next=="include")
      if (next=="include" || next=="include_next")

That is an ugly hack, but include and include_next turned out to be similar enough. The change resulted in warnings instead of errors when recompiling the first part and running LGM again:

Loading lib files in /home/mithunder/Documents/Fun/enigma-dev2/enigma-dev/trunk/lgm16b4.jar
# 1 "blank.txt"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command-line>"
# 1 "blank.txt"
7dirs:
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/i486-linux-gnu/"
"/usr/include/c++/4.3/backward/"
"/usr/local/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include/"
"/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/include-fixed/"
"/usr/include/"
Ignoring error in specialization expression at position 19: Expected operator at this point

Ignoring error in specialization expression at position 19: Expected operator at this point

Ignoring error in specialization expression at position 23: Expected operator at this point

Successfully parsed ENIGMA's engine (310ms)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Initializing EDL Parser... Done.

I don't know if the fix is acceptable or can cause problems later, but it worked for me, so I hope it can be used.

Testing the Game You Just "Ran":

This part worked well once I installed the right packages. The room has 4 instances of the same object-type, and they have a creation-event, step-event and draw-event, all working as they should.

Comments:

I found the error message "Unable to load plugin: jna.jar: null: Missing plugin entry point (LGM-Plugin)" a bit mystic - clearer messages would be nice, but not necessary at the moment. I decided to look at the source, and realized the error message didn't matter - after which I read on the forums that it didn't matter... (during the search, I found something that may be a bug: should the string at line 283 in LGM.java ("Plugins") really be capitalized? It checks for "plugins", and the folder is named "plugins".)
EDIT: Oh, and the source code (Enigma as well as LGM) could definitely be better commented ;). But awesome work in any case.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:18:18 AM by Mith » Logged
Reply #11 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:20:12 AM

View Profile
I downloaded RapidSVN and followed your instructions, I got this error
BTW you mean the windows terminal?

Also, I don't know there to download LGM 1.6 b4, I only found b3 on the official site.

I've installed GCC via CYGwin, so I don't know which version of C::B to download, the basic one, or the MinGW one.
I'm afraid of messing it up.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:26:19 AM by The 11th plague of Egypt » Logged
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #12 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:30:16 AM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
lgm and enigma should all be in the svn.
Do NOT download lgm from the lgm site.
You need the mingw version of codeblocks if you don't already have gcc.
Also, I prefer to use tortoisesvn.
Reply #13 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:37 AM

View Profile
I've just installed the normal C::B version and it detected the Cygwin GCC correctly.
Still it doesn't run anything, I opened a C++ file, hit the build and run button and it didn't do anything, no error and no log, stange...

EDIT: damn, it asked me if I wanted to set that compiler as default, but didn't set anything
now that I've manually set it, it gives me an error

Compiling: C:\Users\Pepsi\Documents\NetBeansProjects\bubble_sort\main.cpp
Execution of 'g++.exe    -c C:/Users/Pepsi/Documents/NetBeansProjects/bubble_sort/main.cpp -o C:/Users/Pepsi/Documents/NetBeansProjects/bubble_sort/main.o' in 'C:\Users\Pepsi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CodeBlocks' failed.
Nothing to be done.

Checking for existence: C:\Users\Pepsi\Documents\NetBeansProjects\bubble_sort\main.exe

And it keeps asking me if I want to build the project.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:41:00 AM by The 11th plague of Egypt » Logged
Reply #14 Posted on: April 16, 2010, 08:38:50 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Mith--
I'm somewhat awestruck that you showed up, found a problem, and fixed it. That was something I really didn't expect to happen; it's like thinking there's hope for the world now. Thank you, very, very much. There is no problem with your addition of "include_next" that I can foresee; did it cause the terminal output from running LateralGM to end with a large string of Pluses? If that's the case, consider the change made, if temporarily. (I should have included protection against that error anyway; but then it would have been terribly difficult to diagnose because I missed a version of #include. I'm really glad you showed up). I will look into the behavior of #include_next; from what I can tell it should just skip the first instance it finds in favor of the second, which doesn't seem particularly useful. I will assume it should default to the first should the second not be found.

Glad to hear the engine is working well, also.

The 11th plague of Egypt--
I had to resist the temptation to read that message back to you in English (fighting usual impulse to translate an error to something the user can understand, etc.). I'm not sure why that error would occur; it's far out of my jurisdiction. My first thought was that the directory name was too long, but I see that's not the case. Basically, RapidSVN's just trying to copy over data from its temp folder where it checks out to the folder you requested, and it's failing for reason of "illegible" directory? Usually that means permissions error, but you're saving to your own desktop. That said, I'm not sure why it's doing that at all, really.

In seeing your newest comment, I am forced to believe your box is cursed. The curse may be cygwin related; are you sure it detected your compiler?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:57:02 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
  Print