Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: I have seen the future... and it is bad.  (Read 1408 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Posted on: April 11, 2010, 09:10:20 PM

View Profile
My dad has told me what is coming, and its bad. ISP's charging by the byte. He works at a router company and ISPs want them to work on bandwisth monitering devices.
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #1 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 08:14:13 AM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
They already do it in many places.
The US is an exception so far, but due to recent court cases, american ISP's are going to start screwing us over as well.
Remember, you are the consumer.
DO NOT PURCHASE BAD INTERNET!
That is the only way to stop them!

Come on google, setup your godly 1 gb/s internet already.
The world depends upon you and your policies of net neutrality.
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #2 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:55 AM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Lol, never use "google" and "net neutrality" in the same sentence again.

Also, I don't see what's so wrong with charging by the byte. It's a great policy for those of us who use very little internets. The cheapest internet in my area is $65/mo, which gives me speeds I'll never use. I already enjoy cheap Gas and Electric utility prices because they charge by the Dekatherm and KilowattHour (respectively). About time my internet bill dropped price as well, even if it does mean that I can't just auto-transfer $65/mo due to variable pricing now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:25:03 AM by IsmAvatar » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #3 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 11:41:50 AM

View Profile
problem is i use a lot of internet
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #4 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 02:05:08 PM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
Lol, never use "google" and "net neutrality" in the same sentence again.
Quote from: Google
Openness and choice: We'll operate an "open access" network, giving users the choice of multiple service providers. And consistent with our past advocacy, we'll manage our network in an open, non-discriminatory, and transparent way.
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #5 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 02:39:45 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
Net neutrality isn't about customers, it's about content and accessibility to websites. While I have no doubt they are neutral when it comes to their customers, they have a reputation for being unfair, discriminatory, throttling, and even censoring content not consistent with their tastes. And they do so in anything but a transparent way.
Offline (Unknown gender) luiscubal
Reply #6 Posted on: April 12, 2010, 03:35:03 PM

View Profile Email
Considering the alternatives, they're not too bad.
If Google was the worst company in the world, then the world would be a much better place.
Pages: 1
  Print