Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Domain Name Provider Transfer  (Read 8038 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Posted on: February 10, 2010, 07:02:10 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
We'll be changing to a cheaper service. This may cause downtime lasting a span anywhere between now and this Sunday. Although this should not happen, it is a possibility, but don't worry, it'll be over soon.

Furthermore, progress.

String and Map both parse 100% correctly, but stack is another story. I will try to wrap it up, and if I fail, I'll simply move on.

EDIT: Okay, stack works. It was a simple missing check that I should have remembered to put there in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:43:37 AM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #1 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 08:58:28 AM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Hmm, simple missing checks that should've been there in the first place... I thought you never made those mistakes? XD

Anyway, suggestion on the GM library- write it in EDL. It'd be easier and it's compiled anyway.
Reply #2 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 09:11:29 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Which GM Library? If you mean the actual .LIB files, I at least want an EDL version so they can be copied as code.

It's an odd request, though... [debatably-] good EDL can't be distinguished from [less debatably-] good C++.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #3 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:58 AM

Developer

View Profile
So is the next release coming? :)

Also, if you finish this parser then how long would be transferring all the functions? I guess its very easy for the basic stuff, but things like surfaces etc. could take longer. Its just that I think the parser is the hard part, and then the functions should be month's work no? :D
Reply #4 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 12:08:19 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
That's about the size of it. The parser is what's really important as far as setting a foundation; the rest of the functions are trivial. Surfaces will present a problem since ENIGMA presently uses OpenGL. Since R3 (Forever ago) I added a system that will allow switching out of graphics systems so Windows can use the users' choice of DirectX or OpenGL. However... I don't know much DX. So surfaces are going to be rough until I learn some. It shouldn't be that hard, though. (Maybe a DX coder will come along in the meantime, hm?)

My biggest concern at the moment is with() {} and instance_destroy(). Though they seem unrelated, they're really not. With() changes the scope, and instance_destroy() is a member function of an integer. The system employed by the C parser should make this less difficult to organize and understand (by both me and the parsers), but it is still a bridge to cross.

Also I have two papers due Monday. *troll*
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #5 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 03:13:34 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Surfaces can be done in GL. :/

Don't add DX for Windows; it'll completely remove cross-platform stuff when people add tons of DX crap.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #6 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 06:26:44 PM

View Profile
I agree with retroX, the only reason i found this was because i was looking for something cross platform.

EDIT: also, ever notice how DX looking like its crying?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:39:33 PM by freezway » Logged
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Male) retep998
Reply #7 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 07:05:24 PM

MSN Messenger - retep998@charter.net AOL Instant Messenger - retep998 Yahoo Instant Messenger - retep998
View Profile Email
http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Buffer_Objects
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #8 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 08:36:24 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
I agree with retroX, the only reason i found this was because i was looking for something cross platform.
Really, the nice thing about ENIGMA will be that people can just make it work in Linux without modification and/or running it in WINE.

Also, completely unrelated, but has anyone tried to compile a g++ that compiles bash executables from windows?  I have wineg++ for MinGW under Linux, but I've never seen anything that works the other way around.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Reply #9 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:57 PM

View Profile
wait. are u running wine inside minGW on windows? why??
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #10 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:08 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
wait. are u running wine inside minGW on windows? why??
...no.  I downloaded the MinGW GCC on Arch Linux and it can be used to natively compile 32-bit windows applications.  I would also install mingw-w64, but Arch does not have a package, and I do not feel like making one.  Besides; I couldn't run it, anyways.
Reply #11 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 08:51:12 PM

View Profile
ok, got it. running a windows emulator inside a linux emulator on windows would be pointless....... is it even possible...... hmmm...
/kick retep998
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #12 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:44 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
ok, got it. running a windows emulator inside a linux emulator on windows would be pointless....... is it even possible...... hmmm...
WINE Is Not an Emulator (it's a recursive acronym, as GNU is famous for).  It's an actual runtime layer which converts Windows applications into a format that can be read by the shell.

MinGW is Minimalistic GNU for Windows, and it doesn't just include the GCC; it also includes MSYS (Minimal System) and CygWin, which are meant to provide native Windows versions of a bash shell and Linux kernel, essentially emulating a GNU OS.
Reply #13 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 09:45:56 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Jesus people, give me a little credit. I know all about OpenGL's Framebuffer Objects. I know a lot of you are newer here (Retro, you should have remembered this:) and missed the wave of sarcastic bug reports (and just regular bug reports) resulting from half the user base receiving an error that their shitty Intel cards don't support a 1970 GL extension (Yes, the FrameBuffer objects are supported by approximately 40% of ENIGMA users [NOTE: That statistic is entirely made up, but there were greater than ten error reports on the matter]).

Let me clarify:

A. Surfaces are not difficult to implement in GL; they are difficult to maintain on shitty Intel chipsets using GL.
B. Implementing a DirectX port for windows will in no way remove cross platform capability. The call draw_line will work regardless of platform; that's the beauty of keeping GML and is my primary line of defense for doing so as far as C++ fans are concerned. There is no completely cross platform library; GL is crippled on Intel chips, and it's modified for Wii beyond cross-compatibility. It is inevitably best that draw_line should call glBegin on Linux, godknowswhatbutibetithasalongname_begin() on Windows, and GX_Begin() on Wii. Ideally, the systems will be entirely interchangeable (where applicable, I mean. Obviously there won't be a DiretctX option when your window system is set to "Whole-context" or "XLib").

However. Because ENIGMA can include a number of different drawing library, a wrapper would be a good idea for any system that does not have a perfect equivalent on every platform intended for use. Graphics libraries are one such system.  So long as you don't make GL or DirectX specific calls, your code will be platform independent.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:55:34 PM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #14 Posted on: February 10, 2010, 10:16:17 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
Yeah, and the only thing that I'm worried about is people making DirectX-only calls. >_>
But that makes sense.

GL is crippled on Intel chips, and to be honest, I'm actually surprised that it hasn't been brought-up in a lawsuit, yet. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »
  Print