Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiling on Linux... Possible?  (Read 1870 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) 13thSlayer
Posted on: November 24, 2009, 12:17:38 PM

View Profile
As Enigma core is just G++ ported to windows, i thought, what the hell, can i use the original G++ somehow, instead of the core thingy? Now decided to post it here...
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #1 Posted on: November 25, 2009, 10:34:33 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Sure. R3 had a mechanism for using GCC ad-hoc, if you liked. (Search compile.h or whatever it was for the specifics).

Not sure what you want to do. If you have GCC installed already and don't want to download the core, that's the reason it was divided into two segments. However, I later realized what a bad idea that was since most people just want an easy-to-install package.

If you intend on getting it to work for Linux, it already does for R4, and getting R3 to do it would be a trick (though feasible for those who can work SVN and C++ enough to download and install ENIGMA's Linux port from the repo).
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) 13thSlayer
Reply #2 Posted on: November 27, 2009, 09:28:07 AM

View Profile
Oh, well, R3 was hardly usable at all anyhow. Will wait for R4.
Offline (Unknown gender) freezway
Reply #3 Posted on: December 31, 2009, 08:27:05 PM

View Profile
I will use enigma when I can on my Ubuntu machine. The only other computer in my house I can make games on is a PIII with 512MB ram. It's 8 years old. I am looking forward to a Linux compatible release even if its a pre-alpha.
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Reply #4 Posted on: December 31, 2009, 11:30:45 PM

View Profile
Interesting, when I try to compile it with wine I get an "interesting error":
Code: [Select]
blah@blah-desktop:~/Desktop/enimga$ wine CompileEGMf.exe Desktop/testing.gm6A rather interesting error occurred. Failed to load definitions. Line 110. Error code -1. td::string is not a typename. The program can continue, but functions may not work.
Read 122 constants
Read 33 globals
Reading 1066 bytes of locals...
Read 1066 bytes of locals
Read locals successfully.
blah@blah-desktop:~/Desktop/enimga$
if you drop a cat with buttered toast strapped to its back, which side lands down?
joshdreamland: our languages are based on the idea that it's going to end up FUBAR
/kick retep998
Offline (Unknown gender) score_under
Reply #5 Posted on: January 01, 2010, 09:30:50 AM

View Profile
Code: [Select]
Error code -1. td::string is not a typename.
(Hint: it's std::string)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:35:24 AM by score_under » Logged
Reply #6 Posted on: January 01, 2010, 02:06:04 PM

View Profile
i dont know that much c++... but im guessing that it means there is a typo in the parser? im using linux.
/kick retep998
Offline (Female) IsmAvatar
Reply #7 Posted on: January 01, 2010, 02:07:19 PM

LateralGM Developer
LGM Developer

View Profile Email
freezway: Enigma's "interesting error" means that it wasn't able to find a certain file of defined function names and such. Josh is hoping that the major changes in R4 will provide a more dynamic way of handling things like that.
Reply #8 Posted on: January 01, 2010, 02:09:52 PM

View Profile
oh. ok.
/kick retep998
Pages: 1
  Print