Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Discord Channel  (Read 107 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Posted on: April 08, 2018, 12:46:09 PM

Contributor

View Profile
In preparation for some upcoming announcements and just to create a nice place for Discord users to chat about game development, Josh has setup an official Discord for ENIGMA.
https://discord.gg/Xzfgcw

This does not mean we are getting rid of the IRC channel at all, I intend to stay active in both. I also respect some open source developer's ethical dilemmas with using a proprietary platform like Discord. Therefore, we are not forcing this Discord, it is simply there if you want to hang out if it's your preferred social medium for game development.

With Discord comes a lot of new features including friends lists, mentions, the ability to time travel to old posts, and also the ability to share code snippets.

I really like the feature to delete messages after they are sent. Altogether, Discord offers a very modern experience with a responsive web UI and we hope everyone finds it useful.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 01:03:06 PM by Goombert » Logged
Welcome to ENIGMO, the game engine built by fucking aliens.

Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #1 Posted on: April 08, 2018, 07:27:56 PM

View Profile WWW Email
Cooleo!!!
Offline (Male) faissaloo
Reply #2 Posted on: April 09, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Contributor

View Profile WWW Email
Does anyone here use Telegram? I think a Telegram channel would be pretty cool, and it would solve the issue of using proprietary software (since its libre) but idk if there are enough people using Telegram here. For the record I'm @faissaloo on Telegram
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: April 09, 2018, 04:08:10 PM

Contributor

View Profile
I am not personally a Telegram user, when I joined here back in 2013 I was actually a pretty big Skype user and new to IRC. I believe DaSpirit worked on something called Tox for Google Summer of Code or something that was supposed to be a good open replacement for Skype. That said, feel free to operate an ENIGMA community within Telegram or other social media platforms. If enough people decide to harass me about it, maybe I'll join Telegram myself.
Welcome to ENIGMO, the game engine built by fucking aliens.

Pages: [1]
  Print