I wanted to update everyone on something I've been working on lately. Still investigating more ENIGMA related things, I set out to learn Vue.js and created an action library editor along the way.
ActionMaker is a pure HTML5 application that uses Vue.js and native form elements for the front-end. It can handle both LateralGM's LGL format and GameMaker's LIB format. I've actually tested conversion of LateralGM's score library to LIB and got it to load in GMS 1.4.
You can checkout the repo on GitHub and visit the live version right now!https://github.com/RobertBColton/ActionMakerhttps://robertbcolton.github.io/ActionMaker/
There are still some kinks to be worked out, but here is a list of known issues:
* Clipboard actions currently do not work in Chrome and are buggy in Firefox.
* Firefox seems to have a GTK3 issue on Linux which makes the buttons really big and breaks the layout.
* Saving LIB files does not work in any browser except Firefox because it is the only browser which supports the "image/bmp" MIME for canvas.toBlob() and bmp is the mandated image format for LIB files by GameMaker.
* I have not even tested Safari, but I'd be interested to know how that goes for anyone.
Here are some tips:
* Mark Overmar's old library editor does not let you edit official libs which are defined by having a library id less than or equal to 999. ActionMaker does not have this restriction, but if you want to also edit LIB files in the old library editor, then you should set an appropriate library id.
* LGL uses 24x24 pixel icons packed together into a single texture, and when saving to this format, ActionMaker will crop any images you provided to 24x24 while packing them.
* LIB uses 32x32 pixel icons but only the top-left 24x24 area is actually visible, the rest is the transparency color. What ActionMaker will do is crop the image to 32x32 and provide a default black transparency color if your image is only 24x24 or smaller.