Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: SVN  (Read 4291 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Posted on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:50 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
First and foremost for those who don't catch on as quickly, we weren't really bought out by Yoyo. Come on. We don't even mean anything to them yet; we're not even on the competition radar.

ANYWAY. Due to constant bother from someone who wanted to pilfer ENIGMA's resource attachment code and for some reason couldn't use the stuff from R3, I hosted the source code.

Which means the most recent ENIGMA is available in the SVN at the sourceforge page, etc.

However, this doesn't mean that the code is operational. It's not that individual pieces don't work, it's that they have not been fitted together.

Those of you with weak constitutions and those of you who do not know C++ can skip this next part.
{
For the rest of you, I'm not going to bother posting the link to the SVN because you're probably resourceful enough to find it, and I'm not exactly enthralled to have functionless code on the intarblagz. It's like coming in one day with a rusty robot then being asked to put its severed limbs on display while you're working on them. Kinda destroys the splendor of the situation.

Nonetheless, it is hosted. I won't be checking it for updates before overwriting it, so if you have any changes to make (which, considering my code is just C++ - formatted manifestation of my ramblings and is therefore illegible, I highly doubt) please let me know here instead. Shouldn't be a problem, because I don't think any C++ programmers have SVN privileges anyway.

There's another set of files that I'm working on, which are the workings of a CFile parser. They are not hosted yet.

Rest assured, I'm good at seeing the big picture. R2 and 3 both looked like this days before their releases.
}

Okay, now for those of all or no C++ skill level, here's what's changing:

• Recoded the syntax checker to support structures. It will also support macros and namespaces. Much easier to code the second time, and I did a much better job. It's about to where it would have been originally (completion wise) at the moment, if I had not decided to support all these nice C++ things. (SVN people can feel free to test what I have, such as nested loops and statements)
  • Parser will undergo minor recoding also. The main concept, structure and code flow will stay, as those were all brilliant, imo, though I will be recoding small chunks of it for the sake of optimization-- it should read through the code less than 10% as many times as the first version. (The parser is primarily find-replace. To the point where almost all of it is such, call after call. I want to write something to replace those things in mass, so I don't have to keep iterating through it)
  • The macros thing is as simple as making a stack structure that behaves like a string, but has a push and pop function. Instead of just saying while (pos<len), I'll have a condition to be sure that at the end of the string I pop the stack to the next string down. It's probably what G++ does. Namespaces, I'll just keep a list of variables that exist in the global scope, and those that exist in a namespace invoked by or were themselves invoked by the using token.

• Scripts are being rethought. Instead of each object having a script, this (Pointer to current instance) will be cast to WILDCLASS (so it has all the locals for a short time) and sent to the script. This way you can still call locals like in R3, but it's more efficient for multiple variables and works in with(){} statements.

• Last, but not least, Luda has promised he'll finish recoding Colligma as soon as ENIGMA is operable. Meaning I'll hold a private release in the meantime while he's doing his thing, then give another few days of testing before the release. This is still in the future, though.

Some of you are mad now because I'm wasting time on a CFile parser, and you don't know why. It's because now you can #include <map> in a new resource in ENIGMA I've named "whitespace." The resource is simply a C++ script editor, which lets you define functions and classes for use in ENIGMA. (Like scripts, only still more efficient)

And finally, I am pleased to announce it is Spring Break. So I have ten days almost completely to myself to work on ENIGMA. I've tried not to complain much, but the workload is pretty big, and I'm actually enrolled in a college course at the same time as the high school ones. So things get hectic sometimes. I'm typing with my eyes closed at this moment, because I'm sorta too tired to keep them open. (Plus, this monitor is killing my eyes on its own. -.-)

That being said... I don't even know what I want from you people. Just hang in there, we're not dead yet.

Final note to SVN crawlers:
All the bugs from R3 are fixed. If you can pick out the fixed codes and patch R3 with them, feel free to hold a private release. May prove a challenge, considering... but feel free to give it a shot.
However, I don't wanna hear how poorly commented my code is, and how ill-structured it is, and how badly it abuses empty space, and how you don't find my choice of profane variable names funny. The code was released under the GPL solely to be in good spirit and ensure free-ness, not because I expect or even want your help and rude commentary.

Thank you.
Sorry if I don't sound myself, I'm pretty tired. Just figured I'd disclaim my SVN before I go to bed, and before it becomes a total train wreck.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 09:17:32 PM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) notachair
Reply #1 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 12:47:02 AM

Definitely not a chair
Contributor

View Profile
SourceForce supports git and bzr now.

I've heard good things about both when compared to svn.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:51:36 AM by a2h » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) death-droid
Reply #2 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 04:27:26 AM

View Profile
Awesome good to know you have a svn up now.
a2h personally i prefer svn :)
Google code uses svn as well XD

AHhh damn it uses CBP :(
Oh well
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:42:43 AM by death-droid » Logged
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #3 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 05:23:42 PM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
what's wrong with code::blocks? just download it.
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #4 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 06:48:09 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Code::Blocks is great for Linux, but I prefer Dev-C++ for Windows.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Unknown gender) death-droid
Reply #5 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 09:32:21 PM

View Profile
what's wrong with code::blocks? just download it.

Nothing i just prefer Visual C++
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #6 Posted on: April 03, 2009, 10:07:21 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Yeah, but Microsoft made that. It's automatically terrible for real use.

...Come to think of it, Outlook Express is the only Microsoft program I use now. Aside from their entire operating system, of course, which I'm not going to complain about, because despite how awful some of its features are, have been, and are becoming, it's still the best. Kind of sad.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) notachair
Reply #7 Posted on: April 04, 2009, 02:01:00 AM

Definitely not a chair
Contributor

View Profile
Yeah, but Microsoft made that. It's automatically terrible for real use.

...Come to think of it, Outlook Express is the only Microsoft program I use now. Aside from their entire operating system, of course, which I'm not going to complain about, because despite how awful some of its features are, have been, and are becoming, it's still the best. Kind of sad.
The popularity of an OS depends on its software...

See, Apple started off with their OS being much like the iPhone app store. Approval only applications.
Offline (Unknown gender) score_under
Reply #8 Posted on: April 04, 2009, 10:56:14 AM

View Profile
See, Apple started off with their OS being much like the iPhone app store. Approval only applications.
Is that a hint on where Apple should shove their approval-only system for the iPhone?
Offline (Male) notachair
Reply #9 Posted on: April 04, 2009, 05:00:07 PM

Definitely not a chair
Contributor

View Profile
The thing is Apple's iPod/iPhone line is ridiculously popular thanks to their efforts.
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #10 Posted on: April 04, 2009, 06:47:09 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
I hate the iPhone/iTouch because their app system is too good, while I dislike their hardware.  WiiWare/DSiWare should be better, but Nintendo should learn from Apple and let people make and give out their own games for free, since nobody wants to pay $5-10 for tetris or some other bad game.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Offline (Unknown gender) score_under
Reply #11 Posted on: April 05, 2009, 07:24:17 AM

View Profile
since nobody wants to pay $5-10 for tetris or some other bad game.

You are aware that Nintendo made an awesome "remake" of tetris for the DS that totally DIDN'T suck?
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #12 Posted on: April 05, 2009, 06:57:03 PM

Contributor
View Profile Email
Strange, I did not see this suckless miracle.
Offline (Male) notachair
Reply #13 Posted on: April 06, 2009, 01:43:53 AM

Definitely not a chair
Contributor

View Profile
since nobody wants to pay $5-10 for tetris or some other bad game.

You are aware that Nintendo made an awesome "remake" of tetris for the DS that totally DIDN'T suck?
Second'd.

When I finally finished classic mode (normal, not endless)... damn that was awesome.
Offline (Unknown gender) skarik
Reply #14 Posted on: April 06, 2009, 10:43:39 PM

View Profile WWW Email
Yay
~~
Pages: 1
  Print