Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Compilation problems on Linux 32bit  (Read 1124 times)
Offline (Male) LukeMcStephens
Posted on: April 10, 2015, 04:52:20 AM

View Profile WWW
Hello everyone!

First of all, I wanted to say a big thank you to those who created the project and those who are supporting and continuing development. I started creating games with Game Maker 10 years ago and when I switched to Linux I thought I could never be able to create a game anymore. Now it seems that this will be possible, thanks to you - if I get it working that is.

I am running OpenSuSE 13.2 (32 bit because I experienced some troubles with 64) so, since there were no prebuilt packages I downloaded the sources from GIT and compiled. It seems everything is working properly, I can start LateralGM and it looks OK.

I tried a test run of a game with an empty room, just to make sure everything was working before putting my brain back in line with the programming, but it seems I can't compile anything.

The output window complains missing include files, multiple times (glu.h and alure.h). But I am sure those files are in my PC, at least I was able to find alure in the following path: ENIGMAsystem/additional/alure/include/AL/alure.h.

So, what am I missing? Shouldn't Enigma engine be ready to go after being built? Thanks for your time and best regards

Luke
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #1 Posted on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:28 AM

Developer

View Profile
The additional folder is for Windows, which doesn't allow an easy way to install packages. On Linux you are supposed to install them via your package manager. Look here: http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Install:Linux
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #2 Posted on: April 10, 2015, 05:37:42 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
We don't currently have a list of SuSE package names. Feel free to add one to that Wiki page. Apparently someone rewrote it without an understanding that Ubuntu isn't the only Linux distribution.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) LukeMcStephens
Reply #3 Posted on: April 11, 2015, 09:44:24 AM

View Profile WWW
Thank you, I managed to find the correct packages at last. It was a hell of a job! I'll list them here and as soon as I can I'll try to edit the Wiki too.

Thanks for bearing with me :)
Pages: 1
  Print