Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Busy busy, like a bee  (Read 4039 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Reply #15 Posted on: December 08, 2014, 11:36:49 PM
Contributor

View Profile
@Robert: It's maybe because I use "None" instead of "Windows Widgets"?
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #16 Posted on: December 09, 2014, 12:01:55 AM

Developer

View Profile
I just tested sorlok and building an exe with the "None" window system did not force open a terminal/cmd. It's probably something minor within the cross-compiler. I don't know whether or not Linux builds force a terminal open or not. We should probably add a preference for this somewhere, but then again I want to abstract systems such as "None" and "Shell" because they also mean two different things in graphics. None means absolutely no symbols, nothing at all, shell simply means the functions are shelled and able to work on any platform, headless in other words.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #17 Posted on: December 09, 2014, 02:51:18 AM
Contributor

View Profile
Well, I'm happy to test any changes you want in cross-compiled mode. I just don't know that much about Windows compiling in general.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #18 Posted on: December 11, 2014, 10:04:25 AM

Developer

View Profile
Taking a further look at the following page while trying to debug the windres unicode issue.
http://www.transmissionzero.co.uk/computing/win32-apps-with-mingw/

I see that...
Quote from: Building Win32 GUI Applications with MinGW
The -Wl,--subsystem,windows linker switch ensures that the application is built as a Windows GUI application, and not a console application. Failing to do so would result in a console window being displayed whilst your application runs, which is probably not what you want. We must also link with comctl32, which we require due to using visual styles in our application, so we include -lcomctl32 on the linker command line too.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #19 Posted on: December 13, 2014, 12:26:05 AM
Contributor

View Profile
It seems that the subsystem flag is only passed in during the "Compile" phase.

Code: [Select]
        ifeq ($(GMODE), Compile)
                override LDFLAGS += -static-libgcc -Wl,-subsystem,windows
        endif

I tend to use "Run", and then just copy the binary, because then the user is playing the same binary that I test. (This was very helpful with Sad Little War-Bot, which had a bug that only appeared with -O2 or higher, so I just distributed the Debug build.)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #20 Posted on: December 13, 2014, 01:06:55 AM

Developer

View Profile
Haha, well there we go! Wish I could fix this windres unicode issue though :/

Pages: « 1 2
  Print