Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug report 02/11/14 5PM EST (10PM GMT+1)  (Read 1167 times)
Offline (Male) HitCoder
Posted on: November 02, 2014, 04:57:32 PM

View Profile WWW Email
My friend is trying to get Enigma working, but he's getting the following error
DISCORD: HitCoder#4530
hi my name is John Cooper and i'm not good at anything
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: November 02, 2014, 05:01:44 PM

Developer

View Profile
Is he trying to open a file when this occurs? Ask him to try the following two things.

1) Rename the file without underscores, spaces in the path, or any special symbols and try loading again.
2) If that does not work, if he can at least get the IDE open, go to File->Recent Files->Clear

If he can't get the IDE open I'll take a look in the registry at how to remove the recent files. Let me know how it goes!  (Y)
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) HitCoder
Reply #2 Posted on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:01 PM

View Profile WWW Email
He was using GM8, but me and a few other people tried to convince him to move to GM:S or Enigma, he first chose enigma because it's free, but now he's not bothering with Enigma, and has decided to go to GM:S

Sorry for wasting your time  :(
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: November 02, 2014, 05:20:54 PM

Developer

View Profile
It's fine, where exactly did he download from? The Portable ZIP on our website? It would probably help if I would update it soon to the new LGM, which I will be doing once it reaches a stable version.

If you could at least give me any other information to reproduce the issue he was having I would appreciate it so that I can at least prevent the same exception from occurring again in the future.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) HitCoder
Reply #4 Posted on: November 02, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

View Profile WWW Email
He went offline now, but he'd only just installed it, he won't give me any more details though.
Yes he downloaded the portable zip from this site.
Pages: 1
  Print