Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: image_angle & view_angle : problem !  (Read 4167 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #15 Posted on: August 04, 2014, 04:31:24 PM

Developer

View Profile
Please fix it for Direct3D9 as well.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #16 Posted on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:45 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
That matrix code is universal. It should be in some helper function outside of GL. The only GL-specific code is the code that takes the result matrix and ships it to the GPU.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #17 Posted on: August 05, 2014, 12:05:14 PM

Developer

View Profile
For now I decided not to try that and merge it into one code. Too much math involved (though simple, but error prone) and I will try to solve that later using matlab or something. Now I just did a "angle == 0" check, as in 99% of cases the view is not rotated.

Robert, I didn't code D3D9, so I don't really know how to fix it there. The code is slightly different there.

Josh, matrix code is universal, but for now we don't divide it like that. Especially D3D9 uses its own matrices and its own math.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #18 Posted on: August 05, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

Developer

View Profile
Robert, I didn't code D3D9, so I don't really know how to fix it there. The code is slightly different there.
Harri, I am displeased to hear this, that is a very very poor excuse. The code is not that hard to follow, all of the Direct3D docs are online just like GL, and the functions themselves by virtue of verbosity are self-explanatory. You know much more about matrices than I do, I've never even taken a matrix math course yet, in my life, and I managed to write the transformation code for D3D. Please make an earnest attempt to do so, I believe in you.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #19 Posted on: August 06, 2014, 05:49:14 AM

Developer

View Profile
I think we should do what Josh said (and I mentioned the first time I implemented custom matrices) and make the whole matrix math be General. Then only d3d_ function would have to be small wrappers around those matrices. Sadly, I don't want to do that task for D3D. I will fix the ortho function for D3D this time.

Also, my excuse is that I don't really care about the D3D graphics system. I do what I can in other ones I actually care about supporting. Although quite rapidly only GL3.3 becomes that system, I'll start dropping GL1.1 personally as well.
Pages: « 1 2
  Print