Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Norse Adventures planing stage  (Read 4397 times)
Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #15 Posted on: July 19, 2014, 08:11:09 PM

View Profile
um yeah i did read it. I don't know how much of the animation you did or didn't do. I was under the impression that the image you got from open game arrt was the one in the first post, and that the walking sprites you did yourself while not going astray from the art style. reading the OP doesn't tell me enough and you showed off the animations as though you made them (you didn't specify their all from open game art)

edit: okay you got me I read the second and third post and you were right looks like you got me. oh poopy

I wasn't trying to get you, just not into taking credit for what others do, so the art is not mine and will be credited to the artist, he even said that if somebody did a good game he would be happy to make the missing animations, not sure I care to wait for the being hit, falling and dying animations of the viking tho.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #16 Posted on: July 19, 2014, 08:26:49 PM

View Profile Email
even if you take someone's art, it was a single frame, you still made it into an animation, that takes skill, nothing wrong with that as long as you credit the original author of the still image, and take credit for the animation.
Some people are great with art, but not both (meaning animation).

I'd love to make walking and climbing sprites for my platforms but suck majorly when it comes to that. 

Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #17 Posted on: July 19, 2014, 08:36:43 PM

View Profile
even if you take someone's art, it was a single frame, you still made it into an animation, that takes skill, nothing wrong with that as long as you credit the original author of the still image, and take credit for the animation.
Some people are great with art, but not both (meaning animation).

I'd love to make walking and climbing sprites for my platforms but suck majorly when it comes to that.

So far the only animation I've done is four frames of the viking looking left.

I was serious with my offer, give me your sprite/drawing and I'll help you making the animations if you help me with my programming.

Synfig Studio isn't that hard to use, I may take the sprites and do them over on profile and use synfig to do the animation, paper mario like but still, a lot faster than doing some of the left animations for the viking would be. Just look at this:

Now imagine doing it so it looks right when facing the other way...  :o ???

Although now that I see it moving... It either has nipples on his back or he is a cousin of stretch or the elastic man, because then his right shoulder ends above his pectoral WTF?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:38:55 PM by edsquare » Logged
Groucho Marx
Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #18 Posted on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:51 PM

View Profile
Any way, what about this for a combo?

Groucho Marx
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #19 Posted on: July 19, 2014, 10:39:24 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
His back is hunched over plus he's fat so it looks like his nipple is attached to his armpit but it really isn't if you think about the pose and angle of the shot.

Did you do that combo animation? Looks pretty accurate.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:41:48 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #20 Posted on: July 20, 2014, 12:06:59 AM

View Profile
His back is hunched over plus he's fat so it looks like his nipple is attached to his armpit but it really isn't if you think about the pose and angle of the shot.

Did you do that combo animation? Looks pretty accurate.

I still think he has nipples in his back LOL!

I did it in the sense that I took the four atack animations that came with it and put them in a single folder, then uploaded it to convert to a gif.
Groucho Marx
Pages: « 1 2
  Print