Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Holes in everything...  (Read 5981 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #45 Posted on: July 13, 2014, 01:50:56 PM

Developer

View Profile
Yet these same people still fail to answer the questions.....many things science cannot explain, people seem to deny it.  Of course this is no "PROOF" of a God per se, but again, there is no EVIDENCE that there is nothing outside our physical realm......  Those who say "Nah there is no God, no nothing" still cannot answer these mysteries, they are not even willing to believe in the notion there is something more out there, outside the physical world. but that's ok.
People don't just "answer to the mysteries" because we don't want to make the same mistake people made hundreds and thousands of years ago - answering without knowing (could also be called "Oblivious to Ignorance"). If you asked a person 2000 years ago how freaking fire worked, he would probably explain it with superstition. If you asked a person (a "scientist" for example) 500 years ago why we don't feel earth moving around the sun, then they wouldn't be able to answer. If you asked them how humans came to be, then they wouldn't be able to answer. And it's normal that they wouldn't now, but it's not normal that the person asking those questions think they are somehow a "got'ya" questions that somehow disproves the person or science. Of course we cannot explain all those "mysteries", but that doesn't mean there is god either. It doesn't mean there is "something more". All it is the "god of gaps" fallacy. So that is why people stopped answering those bullshit questions, because religious nuts (and I don't mean you, you are rational) think not knowing something automatically means the whole idea is wrong. But in religion they think they know everything - "God did it" being the classical answer. So they don't understand why a rational system like science, even with it's unknowns, could be better. And worse of all - they don't understand that not knowing today doesn't mean we won't know in 100 years. Bible "answered" a lot of questions people were asking 2000 years ago, now we know better. And religious people cling with their lives to any little mystery there still remains, because until we know everything with 100% certainty, they still can have "hope" in their book (or god).

Some people who flame and send personal attacks you have not lived experienced nor are you experienced in life.....  Let's forget about Religion and God for a moment, put that aside and explain how some people are the nicest people with the best of intentions and get the biggest crap out of life, failing in everything they do, it's as if they have a shite magnet, no matter how positive or what they do........ There are many people like that, hence the theory we are born predisposed for certain things, out of our control, how to explain this ? Who's experiment are we ?
But your whole proposition is wrong. You already think we are controlled by something or that our "karma" or something similar influence our lives. Bad people aren't punished by god, they are punished by us, the society (we have prisons for a reason). Good people aren't rewarded by god, they are reward by us. If you are in a place or situation that you - even being good - have a bad life, then you are just in the wrong place. You are in a place where you are not respected or valued. If get on a deserted island, then it won't matter if you were a saint or a murderous lunatic. Your life would be exactly the same.

I believe in a supreme being and I believe we are only part of something bigger.... That's it......
And I doubt anyone here has problem with that. It was a discussion, nothing more. I don't think anyone went personal here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:54:11 PM by TheExDeus » Logged
Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #46 Posted on: July 13, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

View Profile
You were priest / minister whatever it was your job to peddle, I'm not a minister, just have my beliefs usually I keep them to myself and could bloody care less what people around me think, I respect what they think though, but since the topic was open I added my 2 cents. I'm sharing what I believe but don't tell people don't believe or that they are crazy for not believing nor do I use insults or personal attacks to people not having the same faith, :P but I guess not everyone is like that.

If I offended you please accept my most sicere apologies, that wasn't my intention.

In all fairness, it is true that there are contradictions and crap everywhere but both sides, religion used as a tool to brainwash people and make it an industry......AND the other side trying to discredit religion and faith (but NOT for the right reasons) just as a tool for shite stirring, propaganda and their own agendas, so the 2 sides are guilty......:D

Yet these same people still fail to answer the questions.....many things science cannot explain, people seem to deny it.  Of course this is no "PROOF" of a God per se, but again, there is no EVIDENCE that there is nothing outside our physical realm......  Those who say "Nah there is no God, no nothing" still cannot answer these mysteries, they are not even willing to believe in the notion there is something more out there, outside the physical world. but that's ok.

The problem here is that those who make extraordinary claims have the burden of proof, in other words is the ones saying there is something that exists beyond time and space the ones that need to prove it and not the other way around, since it's almost impossible toproof the negative, you can only disprove the studies, experiments that make a claim.

Some people who flame and send personal attacks you have not lived experienced nor are you experienced in life.....  Let's forget about Religion and God for a moment, put that aside and explain how some people are the nicest people with the best of intentions and get the biggest crap out of life, failing in everything they do, it's as if they have a shite magnet, no matter how positive or what they do........ There are many people like that, hence the theory we are born predisposed for certain things, out of our control, how to explain this ? Who's experiment are we ?

Again, if somehow I offended you I apologise, now why do bad things happen to good people?
I don't know for sure but maybe because shit happens?
Why not to them? If bad things happened only to bad people you'd have grounds to state that there is something taking a desicion, since the law of probabilities says it shouldn't be that way.

Why me? Why not me? I come from a broken home, my father never was around (And he coul habe been if he wanted) He had money yet I went to public schools while the childs of his second marriage went to private schools, he took them to Disney while I was in bed with a severe gastroenteritis (Almost died of that one!), and I wasn't a bad boy, I was more close to what some call a golden boy (except for the atletic part).

This supreme being either doesn't exists, is a complete sadistic or incopetent (so much for the all knowing, all powerful loving god hypothesis).

That said, this is the last I contribute to this topic.  I respect what others say and their beliefs I expect the same but I guess that seems too much to ask......I don't know how old you lot are, but I am one those motherfuckers described herein, that has gone out of my way to think of others and do good and yet I seem to have a shite magnet gene.....so yeah.......What do I know right ? But that has never deterred me from my faith though because on the counter side, I have things others don't, and I could brag.  So it's all about how people deal with shite and what you make of what you have and not what you don't.

That said I think people misunderstand.  There are many types of people, religious, fanatics, etc. I'm not religious motherfuckers, far from it, not even close to practicing catholic, but I have faith and I work differently than a typical religious person, I don't let dictate my life, and there are lot of rubbish I don't buy into either, you'd be surprised, most people who know me would probably take me for an atheist as I am not quite the example of a typical "religion incrusted catholic".  I believe in a supreme being and I believe we are only part of something bigger.... That's it......
And I do acknowledge the flaws of religion and its atrocities, most fanatics would never admit that, so I think there has been some misunderstanding or people have not fully read and comprehend. :D

Cheers.

Lapsed christian, non practicyng christian but a christian, and therefore religious, being religious has less to do to going to church than it does with personal beliefs, actitudes and convictions.

Peace brother and hope that once again if somehow, inadvertently I managed to offend you, you can forgive me.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4
  Print