Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Undo in the rooms editor  (Read 1296 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Posted on: June 08, 2014, 04:54:15 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
Hello,

I would like to implement an undo /redo function in the rooms editor. I think this is an important feature missing. I know Java and Swing so i can do it myself. What do you think ? Are you interested ?

P.S: An interesting article about how to implement correctly undo function with Swing : http://www.javaworld.com/article/2076698/core-java/add-an-undo-redo-function-to-your-java-apps-with-swing.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:47:26 AM by egofree » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: June 08, 2014, 06:12:22 AM

Developer

View Profile
Yes that would be a neat feature, keep in mind that TKG is also requesting someone spoof up the room editor. I am focusing on bug fixes and do not have time. The only thing to keep in mind is we want our room editor to remain intuitive and not become a cluster fuck.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #2 Posted on: June 21, 2014, 11:57:26 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
I've almost finished the undo/redo. By default the UndoManager of Java has a limit of 100 undo. It seems fine for me. What about adding a new setting in the 'Game Settings' which allows the user to change this limit ?
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #3 Posted on: June 21, 2014, 12:17:18 PM

View Profile Email
I've almost finished the undo/redo. By default the UndoManager of Java has a limit of 100 undo. It seems fine for me. What about adding a new setting in the 'Game Settings' which allows the user to change this limit ?

Very good idea indeed.  or an option to disable it completely.  What I'm afraid of is that this could make LGM more unstable and crash faster (memory related) etc.  Though it would be a good addon to LGM along with CLI.
Reply #4 Posted on: June 27, 2014, 12:48:20 PM
Contributor

View Profile Email
I just finished the undo, and i made my first pull request  :) :
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/pull/121
Pages: 1
  Print