Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: True Valhalla  (Read 5481 times)
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Posted on: June 27, 2014, 09:48:31 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Well I downloaded a torrent of that gold mine book of his and couldn't help but notice TV is terrible at lying, which isn't a surprise to anyone really. Check out this topic, it's all true (except the morons backing up TV)

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=593110

I can confirm this is not slander his book really is 20 pages long, that's like charging people $1 per page which is hilarious. It was in huge font too, I felt like I was reading a book geared toward children with bad eyesight. It isn't slander to count 20 pages of pure fluff. That's not a personal attack, it's called having eyeballs.

On his own website I find some juicy shit. He was banned from Google AdSense because they knew he was a liar and they didn'tbelieve his revenue report connected and closely tied to tthefact his games are shit. Nothing special. And not fun to even look at.

Read the first few comments on this article for more details
http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/online-income-report-024-april-2014/

His desktop titles are nothing to be desired, and by no means could ever be evidence of his income. He don't even make his own graphics (coming from his mouth on his website) he collaborates with artist who I assume work for free.

His games are nothing special at all, their pretty much like any other crappy indies polluting the web.
http://gamejolt.com/profile/true-valhalla/1600/

If you think that is bad see his html5 shite. The games are boring as fuck, especially that bird thing that can switch vertical gravity.
http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/buy-html5-games/

PS  He must be stoned on some pretty hard liquor if he really think he can convince everyone that he really makes that kind of money he claims to get in the mail regularly. I'm telling you this guy's on drugs. A fucking pothead. XD
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:55:05 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #1 Posted on: June 27, 2014, 10:17:23 PM

View Profile Email

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=593110

Interesting topic I read it all.  Did you read TV's reply ???

I can confirm this is not slander his book really is 20 pages long, that's like charging people $1 per page which is hilarious. It was in huge font too, I felt like I was reading a book geared toward children with bad eyesight. It isn't slander to count 20 pages of pure fluff. That's not a personal attack, it's called having eyeballs.

Well no not slander, the calling someone con artist, scam artist, thief, liars, etc, that's slander, but according to law if you can back your claims with facts, that will hold in any case and protect you, though these things are very subjective, as are games.  Some might consider his games amazing and his eBook amazing, whilst some might consider it rubbish.  Personally I would never sell an eBook without giving my readers some good credentials....Showing the index of the book, few pages, etc.  It is not uncommon for people to allegedly feel ripped off buying eBooks online, but there are lot of gray areas.  Most of the shite you find in these fucking eBooks you can find for free if you do your own research and know how to properly use a search engine :D  However it is not against the law to sell information that's already out there and FREE, that's a billions $ industry :P 

As far as the alleged misleading people, he claims he never mentioned about the sponsor list or made it a selling point, personally I have not followed this whole thing myself, but I never actually believed his claims / revenues and I don't have any respect for people who allegedly push those get rich quick schemes online.

There are many ways to earn money online, unfortunately most involve pyramids, matrix, ponzi schemes and affiliate marketing garbage / MLM ,etc.  The real money you earn with your bloody sweat, talents, efforts, or sell games like flappy bird :P

Read the first few comments on this article for more details
http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/online-income-report-024-april-2014/

Well, TKG......If a guy can make $50k a day selling Flappy Bird I guess anything is possible.  One would wonder why would he lie about his income unless he is selling a program to teach you how to earn similar......Mind you I was skeptic and did not believe his reports, but after the whole flappy bird thing, who knows what is possible now.  In theory one could make 5 figures daily selling sea shells and rocks if they wanted to........we live in a weird world. :D

His desktop titles are nothing to be desired, and by no means could ever be evidence of his income. He don't even make his own graphics (coming from his mouth on his website) he collaborates with artist who I assume work for free.

Or allegedly uses royalty free images - again nothing wrong about that ! Not everyone has the skill to hand draw their graphics.  I have nothing against people outsourcing their game  content or using royalty free, they still have to code the game, so long as they give credit and are allowed to use content......Truly 100% hand made original games are rare.......

His games are nothing special at all, their pretty much like any other crappy indies polluting the web.
http://gamejolt.com/profile/true-valhalla/1600/

If you think that is bad see his html5 shite. The games are boring as fuck, especially that bird thing that can switch vertical gravity.
http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/buy-html5-games/

FLIP DUCK PREMIUM !   Hmmm.  Nice.....:D  Mind you some of his games are far better than some of the rubibish I've seen, in other words I've seen worse. But again, that is subjective.  You might not like his games, but some do, and the internet has billions of people out of which millions who would buy these kinds of games, and reason why some people make riches without top notch games. :D

PS  He must be stoned on some pretty hard liquor if he really think he can convince everyone that he really makes that kind of money he claims to get in the mail regularly. I'm telling you this guy's on drugs. A fucking pothead. XD

Now that's slander :D   :P

#1) Whether he makes that kind of money from his games is open for debate.  I was skeptic once, but it's not impossible to earn such money on selling games, proof is out there :D

#2) As far as his alleged online earnings from other sources, this is where I would raise big red flags, as I myself am familiar with lots of the programs online to make money and have followed this for a long time...there are lot of scams / work at home / earn online crap .... so that part I would question, but keeping in mind it is not impossible to make such earnings online, whether the money comes from legit business models is another story, I am not familiar with the programs he uses so can't comment on that.

Offline (Unknown gender) daz
Reply #2 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 12:38:24 AM
Contributor

View Profile
His book is complete bullshit, have no doubts about that. His money from selling HTML5 games, that is almost guaranteed to be legitimate. I've worked with him. He forces you to buy his mobility engine beforehand and that engine in my opinion is utter shit, but I can't deny the results. From one game I made in 3 days that I let him sell, I made 4 digits. Oh, and by the way he takes a 50% cut. Admittedly this was a rotten deal, but it was still very profitable, so I cut out the middle man.

These types of games are like the flash market. Make no mistake that it is a bubble that will burst, but making a lot of money is very possible.

But you should understand the whole purpose of his blog. It is to drive sales to both his book and his mobility engine (which by the way, he didn't even write himself). And honestly as both of those products are so bad, it kind of upsets me.
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #3 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 07:16:21 AM

Developer

View Profile
I have actually seen his "book" a few years back. Or at least few pages of it (of course I didn't buy it... the language he used made me think he is very young and inexperienced), and I also remember that it was totally awful. It isn't worth 5$, let alone 20$. It didn't have ANY useful information in it (that at least couldn't be gotten in the internet for free) and it was very short and badly written. So I believe anyone who bought the book probably regretted it right away. Only a 12 year old would think that the thing is a good deal.

But I really don't care about the guy. There are a lot like him on the internet, trying people to pay large money for total junk. His "engine" also seems like something you make in 200 lines of code, yet he sells it for 60$. By some extent, he really could be called a scammer.

His numbers aren't really unreal. They are actually quite low considering he has been doing it for 2 years now. Earning 2k$ to 20k$ a month isn't that hard online. There are many who makes crappy 5 day HTML5 games and get that amount of money. If 5k people buy it for 1$, you already have 3k$ (redacted some things companies usually take away), but that is a small part of community taking into account million upon millions of users who use Android or iOs. So even crappy stuff often sells, but it does require a little promotion.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:20:49 AM by TheExDeus » Logged
Reply #4 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 12:32:55 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
@ExDeus & Daz yeah I admit his earning are probably the real deal. It's just very hard to accept knowing he really doesn't deserve it for his lack of work and talent that made those earnings. I tend to think he spends much more time spamming self promotions all over the web than he does actually making games.

@DarkStar I love you you are a great friend but there are times I'm in the mood to read your long post but right now I'm short on time. :P

@everyone I don't like flappy bird but I won't deny it was a major success and many people love that game. But in TV's case, more people are disappointed from his work then blessed as far as I can tell. That's why I personally find TV to not deserve it compared to many other viral indie companies.
Offline (Unknown gender) daz
Reply #5 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 12:51:28 PM
Contributor

View Profile
TV is more of a businessman than a developer. He makes the vast majority of his money from being a publisher. He's made very few games himself.

As far as him not deserving it, I think that's debatable. He found a good niche and set himself up for success. He worked hard and got rewarded for it (now the book on the other hand...)

I feel like these types of games (and I'm saying this having made one myself) go against the indie spirit. There's nothing intuitive or awe inspiring about them. They're downgraded remakes of popular concepts resold in HTML5 format to make money. It works, but it's not fun making these sorts of games in my opinion.
Reply #6 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 01:14:07 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
@daz I'm not denying he deserves money. I just find the amount to be rather exaggerated is all I'm driving at, at this point.

@everyone Think about it, Jayenkai, the owner of www.agameaweek.com he makes a new full length kick ass unique indie game (code, concept, graphics, music, sfx, everything by himself) literally a new game every week. He makes for a multitude of platforms but he only sells his games that are on iOS, with ad revenue earned from the lite versions, he also gets revenue from his html5 ports. He toldme his game related income, including donations, ios sales, and all ad revenue totals to a couple hundred dollars a month which is pocket change compared to TV's earnings. Something very fucked up about that.

TV uses GM as we all know. GM spoon feeds it's users with a feature rich IDE interface which helps make for rapid and time sensitive development, which is obviously a good thing, the faster, the better. But Jayenkai uses Monkey-X which is a product I also own and fiddled around with. It's not a cross-platform game engine like GM, it's a cross-platform programming language, meaning it's much more work and time to produce an identical game in Monkey-X that could've been done saving more time in GM.

Monkey-X is basically a syntax highlighted bare bones notepad with a compiler attached. It is VERY impressive how quick Jayenkai makes his games. That is a fuckload of mezmorizing work. He's underpaid, while TV is rolling fat with cash.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:33:37 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Reply #7 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 01:36:11 PM

View Profile Email
@ExDeus & Daz yeah I admit his earning are probably the real deal. It's just very hard to accept knowing he really doesn't deserve it for his lack of work and talent that made those earnings. I tend to think he spends much more time spamming self promotions all over the web than he does actually making games.

TKG, you raise bloody good point I think this deserves a topic alone......Not everyone earning big money deserves it or earned it, I think this goes for every possible industry you can think of.  But this gets tricky read below:

@DarkStar I love you you are a great friend but there are times I'm in the mood to read your long post but right now I'm short on time. :P

You forgot the 2 at the end of my name.  Careful not to do that on Github, there is another member without the 2 and he complained and warned people to be tagging properly, next time he won't be happy if he gets unsolicited e-mails.  :D

@everyone I don't like flappy bird but I won't deny it was a major success and many people love that game. But in TV's case, more people are disappointed from his work then blessed as far as I can tell. That's why I personally find TV to not deserve it compared to many other viral indie companies.

Here's the deal.  There IS a market for everything.  FlappyBird might be plain vanilla and bleh for some people and yet attractive to some.  The world has billions of internet users, there is bound to be a % that will enjoy these games.

NOW, let's say I was to create a game where carrot sticks fell from the sky at random positions and speed and you have a basket on the ground and have to catch the carrots.......JUST THAT, nothing more......... Now as much as I know you will enjoy my game and BEG me to sell it to you, (and Robert too, :P)  I reckon some people might be bored and not spend a dime.  Now if I were to put that game online, and just market it in the right places, and be 100% honest.......Just catch the falling carrots, nothing more........There is bound to be some interest and even a tiny fraction of % could represent thousands of $ sales under the worst fucking bloody scenarios.

Now tell me TKG, would I be deserving of the money you think???

Keep in mind
1) I've been HONEST and not lied about what my game is;
2) I provided truthful screenshots and videos of what my game is;
3) even provided a free edition (time limited).

SO.......basically the paid game would be identical to the time limited game, without the time limit.  So would people have a valid reason to be disappointed ? No.

So tell me be honest, would I be deserving of the money ?

YES.

#1) We expand energy in calories even at rest.  In fact for most average people, we expand the most energy at rest compared to the day's activity.
#2) Typical energy expenditure is 2000 calories/daily for some......... The brain alone takes 600+ of those calories.
#3) So these simple games massage your brain cells and burn calories, and keep your brain healthy.

SO if people like these kind of games, and are HAPPY, by all means they got what they "wanted" and "paid" for and I made someone happy.

SO.......if there is a market for rubbish, then by all means there is nothing wrong with providing it providing you market it properly and you are 100% honest.

NOW that person who buys my catch the carrot sticks from the sky game, now imagine in version 2 when I tell them that the carrots now having gone from 2 colour sprite to an actual digital scan of an actual carrot stick.......They would come in their trousers right away!

Then in version 3 an actual 3D model of a carrot, and you've given them a gigantic orgasm.

So if someone can pay $800 for a mediocre game engine I don't think they'd mind paying $2 for a shite game.
Somtimes people do it for the kicks, the humour......

There is a difference between hyping, mislaeding people and being honest.

Which is why I believe in free / trials.  This way someone buying your shite loses their right to complain they are disappointed. They had all the time's fuck to test drive your toss first.

So in cases where a developer is not hyping his/her product and honest about the game in all its aspect, and it gets paid for then by all means he provided a needed service.
Especially if said game has a free version for people to try first.  In such a case where said author makes loads of money, people normally should have tried and read the description which said author was all out there...... In such a case the author would be deserving of the money, because shite sells, and as long as you are misleading and people come to you to buy your shite, it's valid.

In the case of TV, I have not followed much, and don't know him, but if he offers trial versions of his games and is straight forward and honest about the game, then people who have paid for them have no right to talk, and they paid money for something they got regardless of whether the game is actually good or not.

the wank eBook that's another story, so is his alleged get rich quick scheme thing.

Reply #8 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 01:54:23 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
@ Darkstar2 yeah I agree with your post this time I read the jist of it and I agree. I guess when it comes to popularity or going viral it's almost always not fair. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a great example of this. That family is making millions for their show I'd bet, even more for displaying ignorance and trailer trash on public television.
Reply #9 Posted on: June 28, 2014, 02:06:58 PM

View Profile Email
So if they make millions who is to blame, them ? or the public who seeks these things.

Answer is easy.

You are providing to a market that needs.

Unlike scams and con artists who misrepresent or lie about their offerings, that is a different story.  Now by scam artists and con artists I am talking in general not pointing anybody in particular :D.

Sometimes popularity/virility/viral trumps talent / skill.
If you watch BGT you will understand what I mean, some of the talent / skill that gets eliminated and some of the pure rubbish that gets put through and win.

Do they deserve it ? maybe not, should they be guilty ? NO, it's the public vote that put them through therefore they are catering to the human nature and demands.

This explains why some people work hard in life and go nowhere whilst some people do practically nothing and are fame & fortune.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:09:30 PM by Darkstar2 » Logged
Pages: 1
  Print