Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh! Relieve my penis!!  (Read 2590 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #15 Posted on: June 15, 2014, 01:18:25 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Looks to me like you have some kind of race condition, there. The actual error message is probably a little bit further down in the scrollback.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #16 Posted on: June 16, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Thank you so much Christopher Robin! I fixed the music and os_browser issues and it compiled without errors, I noticed a good number of bugs, I see Robby you still want to keep a broken full screen system that will only benefit dual monitor users, so that'srreally upsetting to see again.

Anyways I'm trying to run my game on Linux via an Ubuntu Virtual Box and ENIGMA on it, hoping it will have less bugs on Linux than Windows. I'll get back to you guys with the results.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #17 Posted on: June 16, 2014, 05:55:21 PM

Developer

View Profile
I see Robby you still want to keep a broken full screen system that will only benefit dual monitor users, so that'srreally upsetting to see again.
Or you could control the behavior yourself using the display functions. :P

I still don't see how any of you justify dumbing down the rest of the system when you can easily use features in ENIGMA that have not been removed. The view is just the ortho projection, the port is the native viewport. This is the native behavior of views for all the API's, if you don't want a big view on a small screen, then don't set a big view on a small screen.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #18 Posted on: June 16, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
I shouldn't have to change the display resolution to make the game scale right. I don't knoiw a single game engine (or programming language) that requires such. It's not dumbing down anything, you guys are just preventing what this game engine could be. :P
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:48:40 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #19 Posted on: June 17, 2014, 09:16:28 AM

Developer

View Profile
I shouldn't have to change the display resolution to make the game scale right.
You don't have to change the resolution. You have to set the port correctly.
Reply #20 Posted on: June 17, 2014, 02:00:57 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Wow, I don't know how I got that other impression, strange. I believe I know what to do now, change the viewport to fill the screen resolution with

Code: [Select]
view_wport=display_get_width()
view_hport=display_get_height()

Correct? I'll post the results when I get the chance.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #21 Posted on: June 17, 2014, 02:10:37 PM

View Profile Email
Wow, I don't know how I got that other impression, strange. I believe I know what to do now, change the viewport to fill the screen resolution with

Code: [Select]
view_wport=display_get_width()
view_hport=display_get_height()

Correct? I'll post the results when I get the chance.

He shoots, ....... he scores ! :D
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #22 Posted on: June 17, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

Developer

View Profile
Sorry TKG, I thought you were already aware of that. Maybe I should have been a little more descriptive. The scaling options should from game settings should have been per viewport, and that would have solved this.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Pages: « 1 2
  Print