Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: room_set functions not implemented in ENIGMA????  (Read 1061 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Posted on: May 26, 2014, 08:25:15 PM

View Profile Email
I noticed lot of simple functions are missing in ENIGMA.
You can set those in the IDE, but not in GML:

room_set_background
(compiles but does nothing).
and basically all room_set commands
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: May 26, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

Developer

View Profile
Yes, they work the same as GM8.1, you have to switch to another room and then back again.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #2 Posted on: May 26, 2014, 08:57:05 PM

View Profile Email
Yeah, I have noticed a few things 'off' in the half hour that I have been playing with ENIGMA.

Poor Rob has a lot of weight on his shoulders with this project I think.

lol oh mate you have not seen anything yet !

I am losing my mind here. :D

But I still like to work with ENIGMA, it's a challenge,
and I think I can find ways to work around the issues,
it's a pain in the arse though :P

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #3 Posted on: May 27, 2014, 05:38:28 AM

Developer

View Profile
Yeah, I have noticed a few things 'off' in the half hour that I have been playing with ENIGMA.
In this case though, everything is fine. Those functions work just fine. It's just that you have to restart the room for them to take effect (as that is how GM implemented them). If you want to change something on the fly, then use background_index, view_hport etc. So instead of functions you can use built-in variables. They take effect immediately.

So again, read the manual/s:  http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/rooms/room_set_background.html
With this function you can set a background for a room (except the current one), with all the same property options that you can find in the room editor like horizontal speed and horizontal or vertical tiling.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #4 Posted on: May 27, 2014, 06:45:40 AM

Developer

View Profile
Thank you Harri.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Pages: 1
  Print