Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird sprite issue  (Read 4098 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #15 Posted on: May 24, 2014, 10:51:06 PM

View Profile Email
APNGs can be viewed trough Firefox, Robert.

Very strange indeed.

Ok I extracted the spr_0.apng
I could view the sprite just fine.

How could you view a 169 bytes-sized sprite? It doesn't contain anything! Or at least that's what my Firefox tells me from my point of view here.
You mean you extracted the EGM file I attached, and viewed those APNG files?

Yes I extracted it from your EGM into a folder, loaded that back into a blank project, the sprite displayed fine.

Had no problem importing APNG to LGM, after all if not mistaken that is is the format used internally.

BTW I noticed when I opened your EGM file in LGM, the enigma settings below extension displayed in spanish...... :)  How is this possible that LGM change language based on the EGM file, first time I see this :D
Offline (Male) Benxamix2
Reply #16 Posted on: May 24, 2014, 10:55:57 PM

View Profile WWW Email
Had no problem importing APNG to LGM, after all if not mistaken that is is the format used internally.

BTW I noticed when I opened your EGM file in LGM, the enigma settings below extension displayed in spanish...... :)  How is this possible that LGM change language based on the EGM file, first time I see this :D

Well I can't import them myself, APNG don't show because they're not a "SPI supported image" format (and if I use "All types" then it throws me an error, lol).

Another fact here: I haven't even set my ENIGMA installation to Spanish. But somehow it has always been like that, in spanish by itself.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #17 Posted on: May 24, 2014, 11:04:54 PM

View Profile Email
Well I can't import them myself, APNG don't show because they're not a "SPI compatible format".

On the file selector, manually enter *.apng
the file appears, click on it. That's how I did it,
and it worked. Beware doing this though, it will only read the first frame from the APNG, as it's stored as a normal PNG stream and probably ignore the rest or error.  LGM does not import directly from APNG.

If that was a non animated sprite, you could rename the APNG to PNG.  Any PNG reader will be able to read the first frame of the PNG.

I only did this for testing purposes.

Another fact here: I haven't even set my ENIGMA installation to Spanish. But somehow it has always been like that, in spanish by itself.

This is absolutely strange even paranormal :D

Is your windows version spanish ? Maybe somehow it is detecting some keyboard/language settings and saving info into the EGM ?

As strang as it may sound, maybe this has to do ? Some glitch/bug in LGM ?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:17:13 PM by Darkstar2 » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #18 Posted on: May 25, 2014, 12:41:19 AM

Developer

View Profile
Hmm, that should be fixed, LGM has an APNG reader so it should be able to read the whole strip for you like it does GIF. I have found this to be of importance and filed a ticket.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/issues/114

As Darkstar2 pointed out, it would also be helpful to know if other Java applications are exhibiting this translation bug. Also, please attempt to File->Preferences and change the translation.

For the record, LGM does not currently have a spanish translation.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/tree/master/org/lateralgm/messages

Only the following:
English
French
Danish
Turkish
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:43:23 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #19 Posted on: May 25, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

View Profile
Hmm, that should be fixed, LGM has an APNG reader so it should be able to read the whole strip for you like it does GIF. I have found this to be of importance and filed a ticket.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/issues/114

As Darkstar2 pointed out, it would also be helpful to know if other Java applications are exhibiting this translation bug. Also, please attempt to File->Preferences and change the translation.

For the record, LGM does not currently have a spanish translation.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/tree/master/org/lateralgm/messages

Only the following:
English
French
Danish
Turkish

I could help with the spanish translation, it is my mother tongue.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #20 Posted on: May 25, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Developer

View Profile
Well that's simple, all you have to do is start with the English translation and replace it all. Then add yourself to the copyright and upload it somewhere and we will include it.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/blob/master/org/lateralgm/messages/messages.properties
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) edsquare
Reply #21 Posted on: May 25, 2014, 12:55:46 AM

View Profile
Well that's simple, all you have to do is start with the English translation and replace it all. Then add yourself to the copyright and upload it somewhere and we will include it.
https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/blob/master/org/lateralgm/messages/messages.properties

Downloaded and will start soon enough.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx
Offline (Male) Benxamix2
Reply #22 Posted on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:04 AM

View Profile WWW Email

The only Java application I've "installed" besides LGM would be the Runescape Launcher, though it works fine about this; displaying everything in english.
Switched to every other language, some labels do translate, but there are still some missing ones, like if they were never translated at all.
Also, the last selectable language (Turkish I think) causes LGM to crash while loading :/
Pages: « 1 2
  Print