Just so you people know I'm still alive.
I've fixed a lot since R3. You'll find basically all of this on the todo page, but since many aren't aware it exists, I'm posting it here.
- I redid pretty much everything and remade the syntax file (fnames.txt). And by redid everything, I mean I went over all the code and made corrections, minor, optimizational, or otherwise.
- draw_text no longer messes up the projection.
- Variables declared in scripts now work in any object that runs the script
- room_restart() and game_end() are now implemented. I also added room_next() and room_previous(), though it should be noted room errors in enigma are not fatal. (Division by zero, however, is VERY fatal. Don't divide by zero, ...<_<
- WILDCLASS now uses pointer-to-pointer-to types. Any kind of variable can now be referenced between objects.
- The script-path tracer is fixed, scripts are totally fine now.
- The parser's treating of typenames and casts is now fixed. The system makes a lot of assumptions that my thinking suggests are safe bets 100% of the time. In case of any compile errors in the upcoming release, PLEASE inform me.
- Array indexes involving arithmetic now work. What a sad glitch I had missed.
- The window resizes as room changes.
- Room background color is no longer inverted.
- Decimals with no preceding whole integer work again.
- Window functions now actually work. I just never bothered to test them before R3.
- Build mode will no longer freeze if either of the grid dimensions is set to zero.
- Friction is now accurate.
- Sprite indexes are now initialized properly.
- Views work 100% now.
- keyboard_check... and mouse_check... now use correct types.
- Instances that skipped an id number are no longer created twice.
I also have a special surprise in store, of which I'm sure a few of you are already aware. You'll be hearing about it quite soon.
As one last thing, ENIGMA R3b shouldn't be very long either. I'm mostly waiting for Luda to finish Colligma while going back and fixing errors, at this point.
What I'm currently working on:
- Redoing instances to fix a potential problem with rooms, as well as implement depth
- Working with create events and destroy events to avoid more problems with rooms
What I've recently done:
- Added something called PCS, or "Pre/Post-compile script", which will allow you to pass parameters to GCC as well as execute functions on the exe before resources are added. This will really help with filesize and speed.