Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: IDE tranparency flag issue  (Read 741 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) Gonar
Posted on: April 24, 2014, 11:25:50 AM

View Profile
Hi eb.
While i was using more the ide, i had to create some pictures for some testing. while i load some image that had transparency color ready pictures and dont having any problems, i had to create some. At my home pc that i dont use this days many programs, when i clicked a subimage so i can create one, it open windows paint, after i complete the creation, i save and return to enigma. check the transparent checkbox so enigma show what i want it to show. all working fine. when i close enigma and after a while reopen the project the transparent checkbox was unchecked and the only way to make it work, was to check it again and then go at object and select the sprite again. It isnt a a big problem (or it is simple my problem), but i mention it.
PS: if the 'bugs' are to be posted elsewhere, sorry at first and then give some direction :)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: April 26, 2014, 04:55:55 PM

Developer

View Profile
No you got the right place to post bugs!  (Y)

What format did you save the game in?
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) Gonar
Reply #2 Posted on: April 28, 2014, 10:34:25 AM

View Profile
I had used the default choice of the ide, that was gmx (1200). It is better that if i start a new enigma project use only enigma format?
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: April 28, 2014, 03:05:45 PM

Developer

View Profile
Well for one, when you save a GMX, which is 1200, make sure you create it it's own folder, that format requires you to create a folder to save in, or else you'll get your resources strung all over the place.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #4 Posted on: April 29, 2014, 01:56:30 PM

Developer

View Profile
I think EGM should be the default formar. Or gmk (even though it doesn't support many options), because caveats in GMX can hurt new users.

Also, why can't you just create a folder when the user saves GMX? Like if the user types "mygame.gmx" you create a folder mygame (if it doesn't exist) and put everything in it? Or just show a pop-up for the user saying that it will write many discrete files to the selected folder.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #5 Posted on: April 29, 2014, 04:12:03 PM

View Profile Email
I think EGM should be the default formar. Or gmk (even though it doesn't support many options), because caveats in GMX can hurt new users.

Also, why can't you just create a folder when the user saves GMX? Like if the user types "mygame.gmx" you create a folder mygame (if it doesn't exist) and put everything in it? Or just show a pop-up for the user saying that it will write many discrete files to the selected folder.

Until this gets done automatically (sure it won't as they probably have way bigger fish to fry);
It's easy for anybody to create a folder during a save, simply save as and in a blank spot right click, create a new folder, double click it and save file in said folder, done.  :D

Pages: 1
  Print