Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: LateralGM 1.8.5  (Read 12267 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #60 Posted on: April 30, 2014, 10:18:33 PM

View Profile Email
I see what you mean, sort of like LGM is not "updating" itself with the recent change, in this case renaming of resources ?  I have to try this :P

But here is what I do usually, I keep multiple copies of my project to revert to in case I'm in a mess.  Usually several levels deep.  Also I have the habit of manually saving when I make those changes, no big deal, there it's lightning quick.  I've learned my lesson ages ago not having multiple saves. :P  (not talking about LGM).
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #61 Posted on: April 30, 2014, 10:20:21 PM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
enigma should build from LGM's in-memory project

you should use version control
Reply #62 Posted on: April 30, 2014, 10:30:17 PM

View Profile Email
Cannot reproduce this, with recent builds.

I tried renaming, deleting, replacing, and it updates
just fine and runs the new version fine.

Note that I tried this with EGM format.

I did have issues with imported projects from GMS, this is how I found out about the instance creation bug that got fixed when I resaved the project and reloaded it back in LGM.

With EGM files it seems to work fine for me.
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Reply #63 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 12:01:49 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
repro steps:
1) open engima
2) make something (don't save)
3) try to run

expected result:
stuff you just made in the game

actual result:
empty game

workaround:
save the project between 2) and 3)

Exactly. That's what i was talking about. Some of the bugs i reported here recently were not really bugs, but it was just that after some modifications i didn't save the project first. You want to test a project, but ENIGMA doesn't run with the version you see on the screen.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:03:37 AM by egofree » Logged
Reply #64 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 01:04:02 AM

View Profile Email
repro steps:
1) open engima
2) make something (don't save)
3) try to run

expected result:
stuff you just made in the game

actual result:
empty game

workaround:
save the project between 2) and 3)

Exactly. That's what i was talking about. Some of the bugs i reported here recently were not really bugs, but it was just that after some modifications i didn't save the project first. You want to test a project, but ENIGMA doesn't run with the version you see on the screen.

Does it happen on games you import from GMS
or even with games you create from scratch and save to EGM as well ?
Reply #65 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 02:56:35 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
Does it happen on games you import from GMS
or even with games you create from scratch and save to EGM as well ?

Ok, i did some tests. First, i made a project from scratch. When i made some modifications, ENIGMA takes in account the latest version. I save the project in egm format, and doing some modifications again, and still everything is fine. Then i restart ENIGMA and load again the project, and this time, the problem i was talking about occurs.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #66 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 03:12:31 AM

Developer

View Profile
Guys, try to make a reproducible test case, because I can confirm that running an unsaved project is working fine here. Until you can give me exact steps I can't even prove what you're saying, let alone fix it.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #67 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:37 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
Guys, try to make a reproducible test case, because I can confirm that running an unsaved project is working fine here. Until you can give me exact steps I can't even prove what you're saying, let alone fix it.

This is hard Robert. Sometimes i can reproduce this bug, and then i don't  >:( :o
I tried to make again a test case, and i had the same problems. Then i saw that i was always making new test projects with the same file name ('test'), so i was overwriting always the previous project. So i tried to remove all files (egm + gb1) files and restart a new project but then i didn't have anymore this problem. But now if i make a new project and overwrite again the older project, i don't have anymore this problem. So in the end, i don't know.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:09:06 AM by egofree » Logged
Reply #68 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 03:48:12 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
Ok, i think i've found finally the culprit. I tried to see if it was an hardware problem instead and i opened my pc. This is what i found  !  :o :

Who said the life of programmers is boring ?  :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 03:59:50 AM by egofree » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #69 Posted on: May 01, 2014, 04:30:47 AM

Developer

View Profile
lol egofree wtf, I'd like to help you but I am just saying, what also may have been the problem was old binaries in C:/ProgramData/ENIGMA or are you on Linux? Sometimes you want to do "Rebuild All" from the IDE, I think that gets rid of the old binaries.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5
  Print