You are advised to upgrade to the latest Java version, it will have the best performance and fix many security holes in many old Java versions. We would also like to start utilizing JavaFX features.
To try it out, simply update the following files from the extra packages page.
Then update from ENIGMA's master branch. You may also simply download the new Portable ZIP for Windows.http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Install:Windows
If you only want to test LateralGM out without the ability to compile games then you can just download the lateralgm.jar and open it and play with it. I highly advise you back up your projects in case anything goes wrong.
If you encounter any issues or bugs I would appreciate it if you could file them on the LateralGM GitHub Issue tracker, you may file them here on the site but I would prefer they be posted on LGM's tracker, but it doesn't matter. Please don't be afraid to report issues, if I do not know what they are I can not fix them. NOTE: Please see information about the new exception dialog below.https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/issues?state=openChange Log
* EGM format is now UTF-8 encoded. WARNING!
Experimental, please back up your projects!
* Fixes GMX UTF-8 encoding for scripts and shaders, all other resources already had it.
* Fixes issues with the font editor so that it can support all Unicode characters and generate ranges properly.
* Patched exceptions in JoshEdit, Enter can now be used to safely complete the auto-completion window.
* New exception handling dialog, this will appear 99% of the time LGM encounters an exception and allows you to easily submit bug reports to the correct tracker, so if you submit a bug report it will automatically take you to the correct GitHub tracker where it should be posted. A picture of it is below.
* Implemented the find resource option in the main file menu, it is case sensitive and behaves the same as GM's
* Implemented the "Sort by Name" option to the resource tree.
* Fixed various inconsistent keyboard shortcuts. Shift+Delete now works on the resource tree again.
* Fixed multiple-selection and deletion, it broke when I fixed the behavior of the context menu for the resource tree, tested and it should all be good again.
* Adds multiple-selection and drag for the resource tree.
* Fixes the enter, delete, and insert key events, they now properly map the events and will save properly to all formats and work properly in ENIGMA.
* Fixes Progress Dialog exception when EGM is the first format saved.
* Fixed a typo in the GMX reader causing the object that a view is following not to be saved, it now writes and reads properly.
* Fixed delete event key in object frame, before if there was no events and you hit it an exception would occur because LGM was trying to delete the root node.
* Fixes exceptions relating to negative model selections in the resource tree.
* When saving a new GMX, LGM will now automatically create you a folder for your project.
* Other exceptions have been fixed and other improvements have been made as well.