Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Cutscenes working in Iji on ENIGMA (experimental)  (Read 1160 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Posted on: March 15, 2014, 03:58:37 AM
Contributor

View Profile
Hey all,

I was up late for unrelated reasons, so I decided to consolidate all of my mega-unstable ENIGMA hacks to see what the end result was. And here it is:

That's right, you can watch the entire intro cutscene from Iji now. Back when I started hacking on this, you couldn't even get past the title screen, or see any text. The heavy lifting for cutscenes is done by my Timelines code, but there's a slew of bug fixes to boot. Gameplay is still impossible; there's a weird room-related bug I'm trying to track down. But this is very encouraging!

If you're curious to try it yourself, you can use this branch. Just be forewarned: that code is NOT production ready. I'll be cleaning it up and testing it more thoroughly in the coming weeks.

Happy hacking all.
Offline (Unknown gender) Ideka
Reply #1 Posted on: March 17, 2014, 04:14:58 AM

View Profile
Good job, man.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #2 Posted on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:07 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Very nice. I had looked at Iji a while back, noted all the missing features and incompatibilities, and labeled it a lost cause, as great a target as it is for support (given its large following). I am interested in the success of this endeavor; let me know if you need anything in particular.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) sorlok_reaves
Reply #3 Posted on: March 20, 2014, 12:29:32 AM
Contributor

View Profile
Good job, man.

Thanks!

Very nice. I had looked at Iji a while back, noted all the missing features and incompatibilities, and labeled it a lost cause, as great a target as it is for support (given its large following). I am interested in the success of this endeavor; let me know if you need anything in particular.

Thanks! Yeah, I stumbled on the old forum post here about Iji before. For the most part, I'm capable of adding missing features and fixing bugs on my own. I'll let you know if something comes up.
Pages: 1
  Print