Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Texturing in 3d  (Read 1768 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) daz
Posted on: February 04, 2014, 04:53:56 PM
Contributor

View Profile
I decided to try out loading in a 3d model (.obj) and it draws the model just fine, but it draws it as black. Are UV's not imported from .obj models? That's the only reason I can think of for the texture not showing. I tried drawing it with light disabled and with a point light defined and lighting enabled.

Better might be to ask if there is a .obj example somewhere so I can see if I'm drawing it incorrectly or if my model was exported incorrectly, or if it's a problem with Enigma.
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #1 Posted on: February 04, 2014, 05:36:40 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
draw_set_color(white)? I haven't tried the obj importer yet but I know textured d3d models work just fine. But the guy who added the obj loader also posted a screenshot of a UV textured obj model so I know if it doesn't work now how you explained, at least we can know from his screen shot that it did used to work and someone must have effed everything up in the obj loader since it's original implimentation.
Offline (Unknown gender) daz
Reply #2 Posted on: February 04, 2014, 06:26:49 PM
Contributor

View Profile
Ah, yeah that was such a simple solution. Appears to be working fine once I set the color. Thanks.
Offline (Male) Jimmy_D
Reply #3 Posted on: February 15, 2014, 12:18:48 AM

View Profile
Why aren't there more user friendly commands and D&D for 3D stuff motherfuckers, why is your bloody shite only made to do 2D, if it is aimed at the people who don't know code, then you should provide the means for making 3D, what's the bloody use of having 3D capabiliies if most people don't know how to use them for fucksake.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #4 Posted on: February 15, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

View Profile Email
Because initially Game Maker was meant to be a 2D game creation tool.  The 3D was just so optional and extremely basic/limited.  That's what libraries / extensions were for.

As to 3D there are probably better programs suited for that if you are willing to spend money and learn coding. :D

For 3D stuff there are scripts to handle that.   I think back in GM there used to be some action LIBs for the 3D stuff.

Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #5 Posted on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:26 PM

Developer

View Profile
Jimmy_D, there is an action library maker in the Third Party subforum.
http://enigma-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=1517.msg14952#msg14952

And LateralGM supports GM user made drag and drop action libraries. So?? Yeah we already have 3D drag and drop by virtue of GM having one.
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=283979
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=286088

In fact, look at that, hey we have several!
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #6 Posted on: February 15, 2014, 06:31:31 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
To avoid further misunderstanding, Jimmy, if you want to not be just simply told we have this already in enigma, but to actually see it for yourself, download the libs you want and create a "lib" folder under the "/enigma-dev/" directory, where you'll also find "lateralgm.jar" put the libraries in that newly created lib folder, and you should be all set. Just like how it works in GM, if you already have ENIGMA/LateralGM opened when you added those libs, you'll need to save your project and close the IDe, and run it again to refresh the loaded library status.
Reply #7 Posted on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:55 AM

View Profile Email
I'm looking into getting into 3D myself as well, these look interesting ! I remember reading about those on the GMC, links still work.

You are telling him to use those LIBs, well they don't work in ENIGMA. They show up in the action libs, but using them does nothing.

I even tried the Basic3Dexample.gm6 file that comes with one of the libs (from first link)
(had to change name of object from 4WallBuilding, to FWallBuilding, as it did not compile otherwise.

After doing so, it compiles fine, but no 3D..
I can only see the text at the top of each room but the screen is empty.

Too bad because the LIB looks great for getting into 3D (the basics).

And yes I have the latest drivers, and yes I have the DX runtimes,and yes  I tried everything to be tried !

Any ideas? :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:24:05 AM by Darkstar2 » Logged
Reply #8 Posted on: March 06, 2014, 09:17:07 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
That's strange, have you tried converting the libs to lgl? That's LGM's library format and LGM has a library editor of its own. Check it out on the wiki
Reply #9 Posted on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:08 PM

View Profile Email
That's strange, have you tried converting the libs to lgl? That's LGM's library format and LGM has a library editor of its own. Check it out on the wiki

Why would I do that when the LIBs were detected and displayed correctly,
just that when running demo I did not see
anything rendered except the text,
but the 3D graphics, none, it was blank.
I will compile and upload an attachment.
Reply #10 Posted on: March 07, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Everything about ENIGMA's 3D has always worked for me in the past, it might be a problem with how ENIGMA is reading those libs. Worst case scenerio someone broke ENIGMA's 3D after the last time I checked. :(
Pages: 1
  Print