Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Compiled On....  (Read 880 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) InsertCoin25
Posted on: December 07, 2013, 07:56:30 PM

View Profile
I got Enigma working on the Raspberry Pi, then I open the sample game Catch the Clown and try to run the game. After about 20 minutes of compiling the code I get a GLFail error. What does this mean? Other then the error it works pretty good on the Raspberry Pi (not overclocked either). Only bad thing is that compiling takes ages on the first round, but after that it runs pretty fast.

Thank You
InsertCoin25
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #1 Posted on: December 07, 2013, 08:51:21 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Sounds like an old error Ism prints when X fails to create a GL context.

Affirmative, the error is from XLIBmain.cpp; it's thrown when a call to glXChooseVisual fails. Try removing GLX_DEPTH_SIZE, 24, and running it. If that works, it means Pi doesn't support a depth buffer.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #2 Posted on: December 08, 2013, 08:35:29 AM

Developer

View Profile
It doesn't work because RPI uses GLES, not GL. We don't support that for now. We moved a lot of code in our GL3 implementation to get rid of FFP (fixed function pipeline) as well as by generalizing drawing functions and that means porting to GLES should be A LOT easier. And there is no Java for ARM available for RPi as far as I know, so it uses software stuff and that means it is a lot slower.
Pages: 1
  Print