Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning the Engine  (Read 771 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) zerocoolisgod
Posted on: September 24, 2013, 02:26:29 AM

View Profile
I have fussed around with Construct Classic and have a little python experience. I like CC but I wanted something more, I don't know... code-ey, and cross platform. This seems to fit the bill. I like everything I've read in the wiki and in forum posts. I like the punk rock "F yoyo, we'll build our own and make it better," vibe I'm picking up. I like the goals of the project, and how they are being executed.

All that being said; I got a couple of questions.

1) The tutorials seem to be rather advanced or feature specific, and I barley have any idea what I'm looking at when I open the IDE. Should I just go through the GameMaker tutorials? And if I do, how much will I have to unlearn in order to do things the right way with enigma?

2) I have a Raspberry Pi. I wan't to make games for it. I am too lazy/unskilled to make them from the ground up with pygame. Have you guys thought about making it a target platform? I know it essentially runs linux, but it's on an arm possessor and, from what I've gathered, that makes shit weird.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: September 24, 2013, 03:32:00 AM

Developer

View Profile
Yes a lot of people like our attitudes here, we encourage freedom of speech and expression hoping it leads to a creative friendly environment with little hostilities and can lead to a positive upbeat community. We also incorporate the color blue because of Freudian mentality color psychology, since the color blue projects peace and tranquility, which can also lead to a more friendly community/development environment.

1) You really won't have to unlearn anything since you can use regular C++ when coding, including data types.

2)  Yes ports other than Windows, Linux, and Mac will be possible when we finish our new compiler which is almost done since it has pretty printers which export to JavaScript/HTML5 etc. Which can allow us to do Android and Raspberry Pi and other platforms, believe me we have them already planned.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) zerocoolisgod
Reply #2 Posted on: September 24, 2013, 10:22:58 AM

View Profile
1) Sweet

2) Double sweet.
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #3 Posted on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:32 AM

Developer

View Profile
2) We have them planned for years.... so don't expect them any time soon.
Pages: 1
  Print