Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: error: array index >= 32000  (Read 1245 times)
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Posted on: September 13, 2013, 11:49:50 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Is there an easy alternative to using arrays, ie. a gml function, extension or anything that would work just like arrays but isn't limited to a maximum index? This to me is a huge problem because I can't have precise 3d collisions without using arrays or at least something of an equivalent to replace arrays with, because the model I'm loading has more than 32000 vertices (each stored in the array index), which throws the error.

Thanks.
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #1 Posted on: September 13, 2013, 01:30:38 PM

Developer

View Profile
You mean GM or ENIGMA? Because I don't think we have this array limit in ENIGMA. If you need more then datastructures should do. I don't think there is hard limit for ds in both GM or ENIGMA. So for a simple array a grid should do and you should be able to load until ram is full (for 32bit app this means until you use up 2gb).
Offline (Unknown gender) ssss
Reply #2 Posted on: September 14, 2013, 02:29:28 AM

View Profile
Whats the limit of ds_list in GMS?
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: September 14, 2013, 04:24:25 AM

Developer

View Profile
There are binary buffers...

http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Buffer_Functions

Which I am not finished with.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #4 Posted on: September 14, 2013, 12:54:51 PM

Developer

View Profile
I think none of the data structures have hard limits in GM. It can be as big as your ram allows (see my previous post).
Pages: 1
  Print