Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Proper working directory and output messages  (Read 4613 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #15 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 01:41:11 AM

Developer

View Profile
15 cubes?

And ENGIMA plugin is the one launching the compiled game (has like an exec at the end of compiler source) and that is probably where you add the directory change. I want it be modifiable though as I don't want "/WorkingDirectory". But that is a small problem for now.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #16 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 01:43:53 AM

Developer

View Profile
Harri, the first time I ran this demo before upgrading Studio to the shader version, it could at least draw 32k at 100fps, it is such garbage, and I get tired of like DatZach and DaSpirit who think our project is a waste of time, when it clearly is not :(
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #17 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 04:53:48 AM

Developer

View Profile
They are trolling. I personally work on ENIGMA just because I use it. I don't really care or even want other people to use it. It's for my projects and I love it.
Offline (Male) polygone
Reply #18 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 06:51:12 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Just add a string argument to the set_working_directory() function to allow it to set to a directory folder, but leave the option of using an empty "" string to set to where the gmk is. LGM can then pass whatever string it likes to this as an option.
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Reply #19 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 07:19:00 AM

Developer

View Profile
but leave the option of using an empty "" string to set to where the gmk is
The "" wouldn't set it to where gmk is. It would set where the exe is (the temp folder). So LGM needs to pass the gmk folder. I think it would be easier just to change the working directory when launching the exe, not adding a code line in some IDE_EDIT file just when launching using LGM. Because this would break exe's that are copied OUT of the tmp folder (like all executables, because we don't have a normal Build button). So it would be better to just set it in CompilerSource\compiler\compile.cpp.

edit: Actually the line is in CompilerSource\general\bettersystem.cpp, line 201. The CreateProcess has NULL parameter where working directory should be (that means it uses parents process directory just like Josh said) and that is where we need to pass the path from LGM.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:23:18 AM by TheExDeus » Logged
Offline (Male) polygone
Reply #20 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 07:45:59 AM

Contributor

View Profile
The "" wouldn't set it to where gmk is.
The set_working_directory() function I added in already sets it to the gmk position but it needs to be altered to the .exe position for when it's not run from LGM. But all I was saying is the add an argument to that function to allow setting it to a new directory in the gmk/exe directory.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:51:47 AM by polygone » Logged
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Pages: « 1 2
  Print