Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Direct3D 10 and Windows Software Development Kit  (Read 621 times)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Posted on: August 02, 2013, 07:20:01 PM

Developer

View Profile
Well after investigating why I had problems with adding a Direct3D 10 graphics system, I have figured out why. MinGW ships the D3D 9 headers and libraries but only one of the D3D10 headers and two of its libs libd3d10 and libd3dx10, the d3dx10.h header is needed for transformations and vector classes. So this means regardless of installation we need to add the requirement for users that want D3D10 or later to install the Windows SDK, which now directly includes the DirectX SDK, they are no longer separate. This is a huge SDK, and in turn requires .net Framework 4, meaning we also need to add a dependency for that if people want the D3D10 or later graphics. I think this is why YYG's are still using D3D9. Thoughts guys?

Edit: Studio also requires you to install .net 4 and .net 3.5 for Windows 8
http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/000_using%20gamemaker/001_installation.html

So should we just focus on .net framework 4, and be a step ahead of them?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:28:39 PM by Robert B Colton » Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Pages: 1
  Print