Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: DirectX 9 Implemented and Working! <Functions Can Now Be Written>  (Read 8774 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #15 Posted on: July 31, 2013, 10:37:24 AM

Developer

View Profile
When I try to launch dx9 I get: Graphics_Systems/Direct3D9/Direct3D9Headers.h:25:19: fatal error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory
I searched the mingw folder I found d3d9.h, but not d3dx9.h. Which MinGW do you use?

edit:
turn them into 3D billboards like many people do in Game Maker
And why can't you do this now in OGL? Do you mean just using d3d_transform functions to rotate sprites?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:26:35 PM by TheExDeus » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #16 Posted on: July 31, 2013, 05:34:14 PM

Contributor

View Profile
I am using the zip installer which comes with MinGW64 Harri, if that is the case, first try to install the DX runtime, then try to install the DX SDK and see which of those fixes it, but do it in that order, as I'd rather have people download the runtime than the SDK.

d3d9.h contains most of the rendering headers
d3dx9.h contains math functions, vector classes, and matrix transformation stuffs

There is also a lib for both of those which is linked, -ld3d9 and -ld3dx9

And why can't you do this now in OGL? Do you mean just using d3d_transform functions to rotate sprites?
No I was just ensuring everyone that the behavior has not been lost with this new sprite batching class.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:37:44 PM by Robert B Colton » Logged
Welcome to ENIGMO, the game engine built by fucking aliens.

Offline (Unknown gender) slojanko
Reply #17 Posted on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:35 PM

View Profile
This looks epic  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Offline (Unknown gender) The 11th plague of Egypt
Reply #18 Posted on: August 05, 2013, 08:14:57 AM

View Profile
Note: All ENIGMA games which use DirectXTK will have to be closed-source due to intentional licensing conflicts by Microsoft.
Ahem, but can we release our games as closed source without breaking the GLP?

Seems like this topic shows up a lot recently... Any news?
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #19 Posted on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:28 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Ahem, but can we release our games as closed source without breaking the GLP?
You will have to ask Josh about that.
Seems like this topic shows up a lot recently... Any news?
I almost got texture binding fixed on models, I am working out a few kinks right now. I don't update this topic other than to update the status of implemented features in the original post.

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #20 Posted on: August 05, 2013, 10:00:49 AM

Developer

View Profile
I don't update this topic other than to update the status of implemented features in the original post.
With "this topic" I think he meant licensing. I don't get why he posted here though.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #21 Posted on: August 06, 2013, 11:20:33 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
The people I contacted about licensing haven't responded. I'm basically giving up on them doing so; I figure I'll ask forthevin to email the people he was talking about earlier. The softwarefreedom people apparently aren't interested. :P
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #22 Posted on: August 07, 2013, 06:31:27 AM

View Profile
The people I contacted about licensing haven't responded. I'm basically giving up on them doing so; I figure I'll ask forthevin to email the people he was talking about earlier. The softwarefreedom people apparently aren't interested. :P
Sorry about that.

My best bet would be the MPL license.
It's similar to the LGPL, but it works by file.

A file that's under the MPL stays under the MPL (modifications of it must be MPL).

A file can link to or include a file that's MPL, without becoming MPL.

If file uses copy-pasted code from a MPL file, it becomes MPL.

So, as long as you keep the user files separed from the Enigma files, you're good to go.

A quote from the FAQ
Broadly speaking, the scope of the MPL, LGPL, and GPL can be summarized this way:

MPL: The copyleft applies to any files containing MPLed code.
LGPL: The copyleft applies to any library based on LGPLed code.
GPL: The copyleft applies to all software based on GPLed code.

Here's an article by the FSF. It talks about compatibility.
The MPL explicitly allows relicensing under the GPL and LGPL.
You can go from MPL to GPL (or to the LGPL), without any problem.
You can't go from the GPL to the MPL, however, without a permit
from the other developers to relicense the code.

Good luck with the legalese. It's not that terrible, btw (Y)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:34:46 AM by The 11th plague of Egypt » Logged
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #23 Posted on: August 07, 2013, 10:32:58 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
That'd give us the same problems we're facing now; we want people to be able to link, but not from a fork project that stole our engine and revamped it with proprietary code we can't use. The license needs to be tailored to only allow linking to it legitimately. We want to allow linking general-purpose libraries, but not libraries specifically written to improve a semi-proprietary fork of ENIGMA.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #24 Posted on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:38 AM

View Profile
That'd give us the same problems we're facing now; we want people to be able to link, but not from a fork project that stole our engine and revamped it with proprietary code we can't use. The license needs to be tailored to only allow linking to it legitimately. We want to allow linking general-purpose libraries, but not libraries specifically written to improve a semi-proprietary fork of ENIGMA.
That would require lots of engineering, as well as licensing.
Like, keeping user code and engine core separed at all times. Before during and after compilation.
Even small things like including header files means merging code to some extent, and that's why the LGPL exists.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #25 Posted on: August 08, 2013, 05:17:45 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Just want to update everyone we are not only utilizing DirectX for graphics but for input, audio, and other systems/extensions as well to provide maximum native utilization of Windows API's for the platform.

Reply #26 Posted on: August 08, 2013, 07:33:03 AM

View Profile
Just want to update everyone we are not only utilizing DirectX for graphics but for input, audio, and other systems/extensions as well to provide maximum native utilization of Windows API's for the platform.
As long as you wrap these native APIs so I can use a single codebase for Windows and Linux, fine.
Otherwise OMG stop!!! :o
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #27 Posted on: October 29, 2013, 03:00:56 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Yes we are the interfacing is all the same, that's the entire purpose of our project really a cross platform game engine that cuts down on all the differences in API's, etc.

Edit: Just to update everyone on this I have finally found the implementation for draw_set_color and also I have added some 2D basic shapes in the following pull request.
https://github.com/enigma-dev/enigma-dev/pull/475

The physics demo now renders perfectly, but slow, because we need a D3D version of Harri's Global VBO in the device manager.

Offline (Male) polygone
Reply #28 Posted on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:36 AM

Contributor

View Profile
http://files.enigma-dev.org/game/27/file/1/39a1c7/Source/Tetris.gmk
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #29 Posted on: October 29, 2013, 06:42:32 AM

Contributor

View Profile
lolololol, polyfag I just figured out why it aint working, draw_set_color(c_white); the default drawing color is black

I don't know what I should do about that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:44:09 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print