Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LateralGM Update  (Read 29597 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Reply #75 Posted on: June 22, 2013, 10:07:41 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
@ego

Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get remove fonts-unfonts-coreRun that one line to fix fonts. I can not say much about the french translations, because I do not know french. As I said the font issue is not with LGM it is with the JDK, its a Linux problem only.

No sudo command in my system. In fact, i belong to the 'dark side of the force' (Windows 7 64 bits)  :D
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Reply #76 Posted on: June 22, 2013, 10:31:25 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
My fault, i didn't use your update correctly. ::)  I had to copy the enigma.jar in the plugins dir, and i did a mistake last time.  :D
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #77 Posted on: August 12, 2013, 12:51:35 PM

Developer

View Profile
Hey, just a little update everyone, if you download the new Jar file I just uploaded and perform the instructions provided, there is a new version with several bug fixes. I got that dang Windows maximized glitch and the red drag and drop action fixed and some other bugs.  (Y)
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) polygone
Reply #78 Posted on: August 12, 2013, 01:48:12 PM

Contributor

View Profile
Thank God that stupid maximizing shit has gone.
I honestly don't know wtf I'm talking about but hopefully I can muddle my way through.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #79 Posted on: August 12, 2013, 03:38:40 PM

Developer

View Profile
If you downloaded earlier I would advise downloading again as I have fixed resource names not syntax highlighting or showing in auto completion.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #80 Posted on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:48 PM

Developer

View Profile
Just, want to update everyone here exerimental GMX loading has been added...

WARNING! Use it at your own caution. There is no writer yet and you can not save and it has not been thoroughly tested, but here is a demo game I have manged to load from Studio and compile with the latest LGM...

Also note that the proper shader implementation is under way.

Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #81 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 01:19:53 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Dang!!!!!!!! YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU PPPPPPEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRSSSSSOOON!!!!!!

HOW THE CRAP DID YOU ADD GMX SUPPORT THIS QUICKLY????? OMG YOU BRAINIAC!!!!

...In all seriousness it is no exageration YOU ARE FREAKING EPIC ROBERT YOU DA MAN THE BOMB DOT COM!!!!
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #82 Posted on: August 16, 2013, 04:55:41 PM

Developer

View Profile
GMX is not encrypted and is basically an xml based format that is zipped. So it's not really hard to reverse engineer it. But YYG has so much inconsistencies in it that Robert probably had to sweat a little. Good job nonetheless.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #83 Posted on: August 20, 2013, 02:06:54 PM

Developer

View Profile
TKG, its not hard at all its just a lot of code pretty much, but there was a lot of other LGM improvements I had to make such as the code editor for the shader syntaxing and stuff.

If anyone wants to be able to double click GMK's and EGM's or GMX's and have them auto open in LGM, simply redownload the latest portable ZIP and set enigma.exe as the default program for the filetypes either by double clicking the file and setting open with or going to control panel.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:15:43 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged

Offline (Unknown gender) intygamer
Reply #84 Posted on: August 20, 2013, 03:34:50 PM

View Profile Email
Is there a way to set the default size of the code editor window in a config file some where?

The new LGM looks sweet!

Thanks
Joe
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #85 Posted on: August 20, 2013, 04:45:48 PM

Developer

View Profile
@intygamer, no there is not, I have been trying to get it to a good standard size, perhaps I could make it memorize the size when last closed though?

Reply #86 Posted on: August 20, 2013, 06:34:37 PM

View Profile Email
That would work Robert.  Every time I open code editor, I have to down size it to get to the scroll bar on the right or close button.  My screen is 1280 x 1024.

Thanks
Joe
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #87 Posted on: August 20, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Developer

View Profile
You mind uploading a screenshot for me? There's is a context to which they have different sizes, you are of course aware you can disable drag and drop? By disabling drag and drop you should get smaller code windows.

Edit: I now have it working with double clicking GMK's/etc with spaces in the file names.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:16:02 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged

Reply #88 Posted on: August 21, 2013, 08:27:57 AM

View Profile Email
Robert, I have attached 2 screen shots.  The first LGM18_01.jpg is what the window looks like when I double click to open it.  The second LGM18_02.jpg is to show how far I have to move the window to get to the scroll bar or close button.  Sorry I don't know how to insert these images of the attachments.

I turned off the drag and drop, the windows are much better in that mode.  I am still going to use drag and drop till I get the programming down.

Is there anyway to write all the code for your game in one script or code snippet organizing the code in objects and events?

Thanks
Joe

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #89 Posted on: August 21, 2013, 10:53:54 AM

Developer

View Profile
Can't you resize the code window (left click on an edge and drag)?

Also, you can just write everything in 1 script if you want (in GM there was a "one script game challenge" which was quite fun). But for usability I don't think you should do that. The current method of having objects, events and 1 script per event (when you disable D&D) is quite good and usable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »
  Print