Hello as some of you may know I have been working on major improvements to the LateralGM IDE for some time now. I am attempting to bring loads of new features and bug fixes. I want to welcome everyone to come and test the latest version for diagnosis as we reach our way up to 2.0 for a stable build.NOTICE!
You are advised to upgrade to the latest Java version, it will have the best performance and fix many security holes in many old Java versions.
If on Windows you may install by downloading the latest Zip installer here...https://enigma-dev.org/download.htm
However you should not it may not be as updated as the jar file below because it is so large and hard to repackage over minor improvements.
To manually upgrade, simply download the zip file from the packages page below and extract it. Then copy and overwrite the Enigma.jar in /plugins/ and copy and overwrite lgm16b4.jar with lateralgm.jar.
If you are experiencing a problem with Bold fonts on Linux, this is a current bug of the Open JDK when you install WINE. Just run the following command in a terminal to remove the font package installed by WINE and it will still work fine and LGM will not have bold fonts. You can also run LGM in the new default JRE 7 if you wish as well, it also appears to have better performance.
sudo apt-get remove fonts-unfonts-core
********** CHANGE LOG **********
1) Preferences panel implemented
2) Theming and icon customization
3) Added context popup menu to script editor when you right click
4) Merged JoshEdit branch to main repository
5) Object information frame added, can be used to pastebin entire objects
6) Drag and drop can be toggled, when off it hides the action list editor and you get an edit button in the object and timeline editors, when clicked it checks the first action and checks if it is a code action or not if it is it opens it for editing in a code window otherwise it prepends a new one
7) Context menu added to game information window
8) Added multiple selection to the resource hierarchy tree
9) Default room editor size is a little bigger now, as requested
10) Added missing buttons to the game information frame as well as the ability to save/load
11) You will now be asked on exit whether you would like to save any recent unsaved changes, works but is unconditional for now
12) Line numbering in script editor less bold and in your face and properly right aligned to content area now
13) Fixed autocompletion window bug, it now shows in the correct location
14) Fixed a bug with select all not repainting the gmltextarea
15) Fixed bugs with cut, copy and paste in the script editor not immediately realizing the scrollbar
16) Fixed null pointer reference
17) Java performance increase due to IsmAvatar's prior optimizations
18) Resources now show up in auto completion window for the code editor
19) Added save and load button to code editor
20) Fixed code editor caret size and made it not all thick and bold but look like a normal caret.
21) Added the append subimage from file button to the sprite editor for cheeseboy
22) Fixed replace all button in the find and replace window, it will popup at the end and tell you the number of replaced occurences
23) Added Manual button and preference to set the path, if the path includes http:// the url will be opened in the default system browser otherwise the path is given to the system to open as a local file
24) Added path preference for custom icons
25) Updated splash screen
26) Added GPL Calico icon pack by Josh Ventura
27) Added context menu strip to output window
28) Fixed compile button
29) Added build buttons to main toolbar, with icons
30) You can now select multiple resource tree nodes
31) Fixed bug where objects would not draw the object icon when they dont have a sprite in the room editor
32) Added networking systems to the plugin, you can now select them
33) Added the ability to set language in preferences panel
34) Fixed an issue regarding GMK format 820, exported from GM:Studio
35) Events panel is now a modal dialogue, preference added for docking it as a panel
36) Added timeline information frame, both object and timeline info frames will tell you total number of lines of code now
37) Preferences can now be overriden by placing "preferences-en_US.properties" file directly next to the jar file allowing access to preferences not appearing in the prefs. panel you should also note "-en_US" may be different depending on your locale
38) Sprite previewer now has multiple file selection for adding subframes, simply hold ctrl while left clicking each file you want added
39) Fixed game information saving and loading
40) Fixed global game settings saving and loading
41) Added hotkeys for build menu
42) Fixed visual anomalies with script editor status labels caused by improper separator layouts and also adding padding for line numbers
43) Added Wrap at EOF option to the find and replace dialogue, or well, made it work anyway
44) Made opening project files that don't exist, mainly recent files that have been moved, throw an error message instead of not loading
45) Fixed the maximized window bug on Windows, it now properly remembers the state, this however is not implemented by the JDK only for Linux platforms, etc. and also discovered the registry error for preferences being caused by a nonexistent key
46) Added preference to dock the event panel the old way on the right
47) Fixed the red drag and drop action, it was causing an error as the image used for the arrows was moved around with lib files
48) Fixed bug with resource info frame horizontal scroll bar and select all
49) Fixed resources not being syntax highlighted, eg. scripts as functions, it was due to Josh telling me to leave the code from JEdit for the update keywords function, they will also show up in auto completion now
50) Fixed bad_alloc() caused by hitting any of the compile buttons too soon after opening LGM, the buttons will now only be enabled when you actually are able to compile without risk of crashing the IDE.
51) You should now be able to pass the first command line argument as which file you want LGM to open, does not work with the enigma.exe yet
52) Experimental GMX loading support
53) Implemented Shader resource
54) Fixed script context menu accellerators
55) On Windows GMX, GMK, and EGM, can now be made to open on double click either by double clicking one of the files or going to control panel and setting the default program for the filetypes to the enigma.exe
56) Fixed compile button on Windows not adding the .exe extension, it will only do it if you leave the file extension blank.
57) Compiled .exe's now contain your copyright info and game icon on the executable.
58) Added support to the sprite editor for loading the subimages of a GIF and not just the first frame
59) Redesigned Sprite Editor with zooming support and cut, copy, and paste for multiple subimages and between sprites
60) Redesigned Background Editor with zooming support and other information
61) Resource editors now display things such as RAM usage, etc.
62) Fixed sound frame from not letting you preview audio, mp3 is still not supported when previewing but you can still load and add them to your project, but you really should use OGG instead
63) Added text alignment options to game information
64) Multiple selection for the resource tree has been added, you can delete multiple resources now.
65) Updated action libraries
66) Various other bug fixes and improvements
If you encounter any issues or bugs I would appreciate it if you could file them on the LateralGM Github tracker, you may file them here on the site but I would prefer they be posted on LGM's tracker, but it doesn't matter. Please don't be afraid to report issues, if I do not know what they are I can not fix them.https://github.com/IsmAvatar/LateralGM/issues?state=open