I want to be a "real" programmer, and, having found Game Maker very easy to learn (but restrictive) I had hit a brick wall with attempting to learn C, C++ or Java. My absolute dream program would be:
1. As easy to learn as Game Maker, with default functions that are comprehensive and easy to set up and use OOP.
2. Takes C++ since it is the most common language in use
3. Faster than Game Maker
4. IDE that "just works" with no dependencies
5. Interface looks like Game Maker
6. Free as in money
7. Free as in freedom
8. Runs on Linux so I can delete Windows permanently.
ENIGMA seems to do all of these things perfectly, and Game Maker only does two; what's more, YoYo Games are intent on increasing the cost, DRM and restrictive licensing on Game Maker for no apparent benefit. When it is completed (and I realise that will take some time) ENIGMA will be the most awesome thing ever to happen to a PC.
Also, Hi. I'm new.