Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ENIGMA the greatest game engine ever?  (Read 5559 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #15 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:29:27 PM

Developer

View Profile
Aaa, it's their roadmap. I though it was ours.
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #16 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:30:18 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I don't do roadmaps; they change too easily.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #17 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:07 PM

Developer

View Profile
Why could it not just be as simple as an object oriented GML? I think GML is fine the way it is the mix between basic and c is beautiful because even though I always write in C++ style to look more professional I generally prefer Basic because of it's clean and organized look and feel. And since Enigma retains the ability to use both regular c and gml, doesn't that mean the new crossbread language could support data types, classes, etc., etc. ???
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #18 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:33:30 PM

Developer

View Profile
ENIGMA's language is called EDL. And it has all that.
http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/EDL
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #19 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:38 PM

Developer

View Profile
That is beautiful then! So basically all I would need to do is write the different components for the idea and wrap it to the compiler?
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #20 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:19 PM

Developer

View Profile
Also heres my thoughts, GM's primary fan base wants allot of things like dynamic file structures and a less clutered view, so this would be the direction I would take any IDE I program for this, because while they are focusing more on glueing together a broken wheel, we'll have a nice clean bottom up design, look, feel, etc. etc.

Reply #21 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:24 PM

Developer

View Profile
If you are talking about your IDE, then you would have to write your own version of Enigma.jar that basically gives information to ENIGMA (resources, code etc.). ENIGMA then does the rest.

edit: In theory you could just make the IDE that can save/load GM or ENIGMA project files and then you could think of getting it to work with ENIGMA.
Reply #22 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Correct. I do not think we have a Wiki page on the matter because interest in writing an IDE is low, but we could easily start one.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #23 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:40:40 PM

Developer

View Profile
Once I have a prototype design up and running you guys would be able to aid me in merging the parser for edl and the compiler then would you not? I would like to get started on designing the interfaces today if I could. Do you guys have like skype or something where we can chat more in real time or something so you can fill me in the rest of the way?

Reply #24 Posted on: January 06, 2013, 02:42:10 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
We communicate over IRC; network freenode, channel #enigma. There's a web interface on the forum index.
Pages: « 1 2
  Print