Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 10437 times)
Offline (Female) serprex
Reply #15 Posted on: January 05, 2010, 07:51:41 PM
Smooth ER
Developer

View Profile WWW
On the topic of covering the GML functions and Rusky, I've been working on what Rusky failed at. Except to keep it a hassle for Josh, I've been implementing ds_* functions for a different engine: http://github.com/serprex/dysvk/blob/master/dss.c
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #16 Posted on: January 06, 2010, 08:34:03 PM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Grammar fail. What exactly did I fail at? Doing all the ds_* functions, yes, but what I did worked.
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #17 Posted on: January 06, 2010, 09:30:09 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
TBH, I'd never touch the ds_* functions, ever.  I'd just use STL, instead, or something similar.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #18 Posted on: January 06, 2010, 10:17:11 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Which will be possible thanks to this EVER-CLOSER-DRAWING TO COMPLETION MOTHER FUCKING PARSER.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #19 Posted on: January 06, 2010, 11:53:28 PM

Resident Troll
View Profile WWW Email
exactly. but they're still good for compatibility.
Post made January 07, 2010, 05:15:46 AM was deleted at the author's request.
Offline (Unknown gender) Micah
Reply #21 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 08:01:18 AM

Resident Troll

View Profile
You're still not done with the parser?
Reply #22 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 09:37:12 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
miky:
Specialization and accessing of templates based on enumerated constants is the latest loop I've been thrown for. They've kept coming.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Unknown gender) Micah
Reply #23 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:43 AM

Resident Troll

View Profile
Why can't you leave C++ to gcc? You can still have helpful error messages.
Offline (Female) serprex
Reply #24 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 03:39:52 PM
Smooth ER
Developer

View Profile WWW
Silly Rusky, that's not failure of grammar; it's ambiguity, something which I'm quite fond of. In this case I disambiguate it though, which I'm not prone to so much

As for Josh and C++, it's his lack of being able to settle. I shouldn't have been surprised he wasn't ready to settle and marry
Reply #25 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:23 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I told you, if I'm to be in a gay marriage I at least want it to be polygamist as well.

Also, I want map<>. And stack<>. And anything else C++ has to offer. I Don't want to keep designing files to substitute for headers; I hate that job and as shown on the progress page, I'm bad at it. Serp's right though; I'm unable to settle. Which is why I keep following the loops it throws me for, under the pretense that eventually it will run out of them.
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #26 Posted on: January 07, 2010, 07:15:22 PM

Resident Troll
View Profile WWW Email
Why exactly don't you have map and stack without parsing the headers? Your excuse for not writing a full-blown parser is that you're just converting the syntax and that there's no point trying to beat "all those GNUs" working on GCC. But then you go and write a full-blown parser using your not-full-blown parsing system.

Basically: what is your parser doing that GCC doesn't, aside from adding semicolons and parentheses?
Reply #27 Posted on: January 08, 2010, 11:24:50 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
The semicolons are it. For custom structures to work, I have to know their names. Otherwise, "map a;" will be a syntax error or will at very least parse incorrectly. Oh, not to mention GCC isn't going to default all the unused parameters to variant for me, no matter how hard I cry.
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #28 Posted on: January 09, 2010, 04:23:34 PM

Resident Troll
View Profile WWW Email
So... is this just a template/structure parser so you can get STL definitions? That's a little better, but then again, is map<var, var> so bad? You already have var doing arrays, no? If people want to take advantage of static typing they'll probably be doing something more like map<string, var> or map<int, string> rather than map<var, var>.
Reply #29 Posted on: January 09, 2010, 06:44:11 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Yes, but I wanted them to be able to say
map a;
And have it assume they meant map<variant, variant>.

This whole idea started when Luda bitched he wanted structs in EDL.
It's perfect, when you think about it. GM users have an inefficient way of having a structure (global, and instantiations of bloated-down objects), which Luda has apparently exploited in the past. This way will allow users, any who are willing to read a 150 word manual entry, to declare a structure as efficient as any other.

Also, parsing STL for members removes ambiguity.
string a;
a.length()... that won't even look like a syntax error, because length is a public member of a's type, string.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:51:33 PM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print