Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standings  (Read 2229 times)
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Posted on: December 20, 2009, 07:15:09 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Serp's been working on fixing up R3 with the R4 code. He's on Ubuntu, and stuff seems to just not want to work for him. The entire parser kinda stopped working for him, halting and all... Not really sure why.

As for me, I'm working on this last little piece of C++:

Code: [Select]
template<class c> struct squirrel
{
  int nuts;
  int tree;
};
squirrel<bool> epitome;

template<> struct squirrel<1>
{
  int SHIIIIII;
};
template<> struct squirrel<2>
{
  int WEEEEEEE;
};

As soon as that parses correctly, the STL headers should all parse, and then it'll all be over.

To be honest, I'll probably have R4 done before serp finishes making R3's compiler work on Linux.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #1 Posted on: December 20, 2009, 10:05:37 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
What's the point of having a template if you don't use it in the code?
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Offline (Male) notachair
Reply #2 Posted on: December 20, 2009, 11:11:34 PM

Definitely not a chair
Contributor

View Profile
Because everyone loves evil squirrels
Reply #3 Posted on: December 21, 2009, 09:14:16 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
That is test code for the parser. The actual code it will be parsing is much worse.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Offline (Female) serprex
Reply #4 Posted on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:46 AM
Smooth ER
Developer

View Profile WWW
R3 sprites are being silly, but the compiler works well enough for code; I was able to debug the augmented random number generator. (Note this meaning mersenne being sent upstream to R4) and of course, having more lookings at the compiler, a bug with R3 on 64bit was found to still be in R4. That fix is also being applied (use -1 instead of string::npos, or use size_t instead of assuming unsigned's coolness. I chose the former, while Josh the latter)

EDIT: Sprites working
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:26:38 PM by serprex » Logged
Reply #5 Posted on: December 21, 2009, 11:09:50 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Serp chooses to use -1 in place of npos because string should never exceed 32 bit size limit anyway, which is rational, but I prefer to just use size_t because that's apparently the expectation and if it fails, it's STL's fault.

EDIT:
*eats hat*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 12:32:42 PM by Josh @ Dreamland » Logged
Offline (Male) RetroX
Reply #6 Posted on: December 21, 2009, 07:52:55 PM

Master of all things Linux
Contributor
MSN Messenger - classixretrox@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Serp chooses to use -1 in place of npos because string should never exceed 32 bit size limit anyway, which is rational, but I prefer to just use size_t because that's apparently the expectation and if it fails, it's STL's fault.
Which could very well be 64-bit or 128-bit depending on the processor that you have.  Which is why size_t is so useful.

Also, isn't npos just static_cast<size_t>(-1), anyways?  It shouldn't make a difference.
My Box: Phenom II 3.4GHz X4 | ASUS ATI RadeonHD 5770, 1GB GDDR5 RAM | 1x4GB DDR3 SRAM | Arch Linux, x86_64 (Cube) / Windows 7 x64 (Blob)
Quote from: Fede-lasse
Why do all the pro-Microsoft people have troll avatars? :(
Reply #7 Posted on: December 21, 2009, 08:07:55 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
It does make a difference. Instead of size_t, R3 used unsigned int. Comparing it to npos would always return false. Serp's solution was to use unsigned(-1) instead, mine was to just use size_t instead of unsigned int.
Offline (Male) kkg
Reply #8 Posted on: December 22, 2009, 01:44:46 AM

MSN Messenger - kamikazigames@gmail.com
View Profile Email
Awesome news Josh :3

Thanks for keeping us updated *looks at yoyoGAYmes*
PC: Core i7-2600 @ 3.8ghz | 4x 4gb G.Skill RipjawZ DDR3-2000 | GTX580 | Win7 x64
Time is the greatest teacher, however it kills every single one of its pupils.
Reply #9 Posted on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:15 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Yoyo prefers unfulfillable release dates to progress reports.
Offline (Male) Rusky
Reply #10 Posted on: December 22, 2009, 06:55:29 PM

Resident Troll
MSN Messenger - rpjohnst@gmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Yoyo just released when they said they would. Then the world exploded.
Pages: [1]
  Print