Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: wxENIGMA Crossplatform IDE in Code::Blocks  (Read 10062 times)
Offline (Male) kkg
Reply #30 Posted on: March 14, 2013, 03:18:37 PM

MSN Messenger - kamikazigames@gmail.com
View Profile Email
The atom-based logo looks terrible.
Rocket looking one is okay for an SVG, can't disagree with it too much.

IDEs don't bother me too much these days, all I ask for is proper plugin support. LGM gave me an accessible way to write plugins for the IDE which adds a sick layer of customisability.
PC: Core i7-2600 @ 3.8ghz | 4x 4gb G.Skill RipjawZ DDR3-2000 | GTX580 | Win7 x64
Time is the greatest teacher, however it kills every single one of its pupils.
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #31 Posted on: March 15, 2013, 02:11:54 AM

Developer

View Profile
But did anyone actually wrote plugins for it? I know like two plugins for LGM. One is ENIGMA and one is that allows compiling to GM (by adding the runner to data).
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #32 Posted on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:12 AM

Contributor

View Profile
Well right now all I am really trying to do is getting it loading games and compiling all these little preferences are miniscule in the scope of what I am trying to accomplish first.

Have any of you even noticed I added bilinear/trilinear texture filtering and anisotropic filtering?

If you haven't noticed on the toolbar in the new IDE there are a couple of new buttons, one being for models, the second for material surfaces like Unity3D.
I am going to allow you to create a material surface resource and you pick what backgrounds/sprites to use as textures then you can set the texture filtering, you can apply multiple textures for multitexturing, you can add bumpmaps to the material, etc. Then you just use these materials to draw with.

This will allow us to make it so you can directly import models and things from like Blender or whatever your favorite modeling program is, and read the material surface right in, so their won't need to be any pain the ass custom converters like there are for game maker.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) kkg
Reply #33 Posted on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:37 AM

MSN Messenger - kamikazigames@gmail.com
View Profile Email
But did anyone actually wrote plugins for it? I know like two plugins for LGM. One is ENIGMA and one is that allows compiling to GM (by adding the runner to data).
I frequently wrote my own since I'm a Java programmer, but they were never really suitable for public use.

the second for material surfaces like Unity3D.
You mean substances?
PC: Core i7-2600 @ 3.8ghz | 4x 4gb G.Skill RipjawZ DDR3-2000 | GTX580 | Win7 x64
Time is the greatest teacher, however it kills every single one of its pupils.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #34 Posted on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:36 AM

Contributor

View Profile
@kkg
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Material.html
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) Elevory
Reply #35 Posted on: March 17, 2013, 04:27:20 PM

View Profile
This looks awesome! Is there a binary available? Or something I can build myself?
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #36 Posted on: March 17, 2013, 08:18:32 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Hello again, Elevory! That IDE is in its early stages. LateralGM will build ENIGMA for you if you download it and place it with the ENIGMA files you get from GitHub.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print