Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: trouble seeing the run button on XP  (Read 1219 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) hairypuppy
Posted on: April 18, 2014, 11:56:37 AM

View Profile WWW Email
hello all,

actually ran across enigma since gamemaker has been giving me trouble running on an old XP machine.
but after downloading, unzipping and putting in my program files. i can run it easily, it finishes its progress. but it does not show the run button, at all. cant do the hotkey or anything. i do projects which do load, but the run button just doesnt come up.

any help would be bloody great.

lewis lepton
------
hairypuppy.wordpress.com
lewis lepton
------
composer | sound designer | tinkerer
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: April 18, 2014, 01:11:55 PM

Developer

View Profile
1) make sure you run ENIGMA with administrative priveleges
2) go to C:/ and create the folder "ProgramData" it does not exist on XP, but mingw/GCC (our compiler) requires a root path with no spaces to compile
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #2 Posted on: April 18, 2014, 04:23:38 PM

View Profile WWW Email
hi robert

thanks for getting back to me. but now, ive3 actually shifted over that machine to xubuntu now, so now cant do it. more or less because of XP being dropped for support etc. plus breathed new life into this netbook 10 fold.

now im just searching and looking to do the compile and get that up and running. so any pointers for that would be great.
but i will be getting a new windows machine soon, so will keep your help in mind

but thanks again
lewis lepton
------
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: April 18, 2014, 05:01:45 PM

Developer

View Profile
My suggestion is to wait at least 24 hours, we are releasing a new LateralGM in a little bit.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #4 Posted on: April 19, 2014, 04:09:17 AM

View Profile WWW Email
oooh, ok. will do. thats good to know.

is there any big change with the linux distro, would be nice to have a 'more complete and run out the box package', but i guess that linux for ya'
though i remember you saying a while back about putting it on the linux software centre. think that would be a nice idea, something simple at least for people who just want to get on. but hey ho
lewis lepton
------
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #5 Posted on: April 19, 2014, 07:33:13 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
No one has set up a packagebuild, yet, largely because most of our contributors now are on Windows or Ubuntu, and there's a fear that maintaining a deb would make the manual instructions drop out of date. But it wouldn't be too hard to set that up, at this point, actually.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #6 Posted on: April 19, 2014, 09:39:19 AM

View Profile WWW Email
fair enough. ill wait for this new distro to come out.

on that, when looking through this for linux https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enigma-dev-git/
it does not give much in terms of info to get it up and running, as in what commands you would have to do, any ideas?
though i did successfully get the downloaded github version working, though did run into run compile errors.
but that arch linux distro should help with all of the build, if im not mistaken. just no documentation. im not a sensei with linux, though i do know how to work things, but some things need to be reminded for many who dont spend ever second in command line

anyhow, will wait for the this new distro

thanks
lewis lepton
------
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #7 Posted on: April 19, 2014, 10:45:03 AM

Developer

View Profile
http://enigma-dev.org/docs/Wiki/Install:Linux

It's on the Wiki page, we don't maintain it so we don't know anything in particular about it.

Pages: 1
  Print