Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: $20 to anyone who does this  (Read 2273 times)
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Posted on: June 06, 2014, 10:48:25 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
I need instance scaling in the room editor similar to and compatible with what GMS's room editor has. If someone adds this and gets it working in both LGM and ENIGMA I'm not speaking high pathetically I'm serious I will give you $20 via paypal or whatever method we can agree on. I know that's pocket change but without a job right now that is all I can offer.
Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #1 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 11:59:12 AM

View Profile Email
I need instance scaling in the room editor similar to and compatible with what GMS's room editor has. If someone adds this and gets it working in both LGM and ENIGMA I'm not speaking high pathetically I'm serious I will give you $20 via paypal or whatever method we can agree on. I know that's pocket change but without a job right now that is all I can offer.

Yes GMS has the scaling and rotation in room editor and also it has a selector, if you click on an instance ID in the list, it will put a selection around the instance in the room.

My concern, and maybe Robert or one of the ENIGMA devs can answer this, is that these features would require modification to the LGM code itself along with ENIGMA.  Wouldn't the rotate and scale in room editor add some extra overhead to your game (not the IDE, but game execution) ?

Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #2 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:54 PM

Developer

View Profile
Yes adding it to the room editor is one way to save it in your source, but if you want it reflected in ENIGMA, you'll also have to add it to the compiler and the plugin.

I'd do it if I had time. I am certain they are all linked to object locals like image_angle for rotation and stuff, is this correct? It's a fairly easy task.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #3 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

Developer

View Profile
Yes adding it to the room editor is one way to save it in your source, but if you want it reflected in ENIGMA, you'll also have to add it to the compiler and the plugin.

I'd do it if I had time. I am certain they are all linked to object locals like image_angle for rotation and stuff, is this correct? It's a fairly easy task.
We discussed this before. I think we came to the conclusion, that they should just work like Creation Code. So in the creation code you append before (or after, depending on when GM does it) lines like this:
Code: [Select]
image_angle = angle_defined_in_room;
image_xscale = xscale_defined_in_room;
etc..
This would then automatically work in ENIGMA without additional changes.

My concern, and maybe Robert or one of the ENIGMA devs can answer this, is that these features would require modification to the LGM code itself along with ENIGMA.  Wouldn't the rotate and scale in room editor add some extra overhead to your game (not the IDE, but game execution) ?
Mostly the LGM would have to be changed. It's possible ENIGMA wouldn't have to be changed at all (if implemented via the creation code method). And no, it wouldn't in any way create any extra overhead.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:29:01 PM by TheExDeus » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #4 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 12:31:11 PM

Developer

View Profile
That still requires the plugin to be changed though, which is ok, but I can't have LGM appending that to instance creation. But I can make the plugin do it real easy. I'd like to know Josh's position on the matter.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Unknown gender) Darkstar2
Reply #5 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 02:24:18 PM

View Profile Email
If you do decide to do this could you please seriously consider adding a selection area to whatever instance you click on in the room.

Example using a combination of key + mouse click on an instance in the room it would highlight or select and show you the respective ID.

In GMS room editor there is a box around the instance, where you can scale etc.

Reply #6 Posted on: June 06, 2014, 10:17:58 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Thank you so much guys (Robert, Harri, Josh, etc) for considering it. Make sure if and when it's added to let me know who did most of the work so I know who to donate to. :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:22:06 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Reply #7 Posted on: June 08, 2014, 11:27:04 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
If $20 isn't enough for you. I have as much $150 at the ready. The only drawback, it is my money, but since I'm still living with my parents I can't spend anything without their consent. They want me saving up for things more important like a car etc but I'm really hoping to convince them to let me do this. I'm very certain they'll approve when they get home from church (ugh).
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #8 Posted on: June 08, 2014, 11:56:34 AM

Developer

View Profile
You should listen to your parents TKG, save your money for a car. I'll fix up the room editor, and I'll try to get it done by the end of this week for you.

Reply #9 Posted on: June 08, 2014, 11:58:39 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Thank you so much Robert, you've always been a great friend! :D You're too kind.
Pages: 1
  Print