ENIGMA Development Environment
Website is in read-only mode due to a recent attack.

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to load library 'compileEGMf'  (Read 6275 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) alexeyum
Posted on: October 07, 2012, 01:39:03 AM

View Profile
Hi,

I've just installed ENIGMA following steps on that page: http://enigma-dev.org/download.htm. Then I tried to run it and got this error:

Unable to load library 'compileEGMf': module not found.

I'm using Win7 x64, Java 7 (i'm not sure whether it is x32 or x64; where can I find that?).
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #1 Posted on: October 07, 2012, 04:12:01 AM

Developer

View Profile
This is what I do and it works fine:
1) Download .zip from GIT
2) In cmd go to extracted GIT directory and type: "python install.py" (this requires Python)
3) Download windows dependencies 7zip and extract only ENIGMAsystem and ENIGMA.exe (.jar's should already be there because of "install.py")

If you don't have python then extracting .jar's from 7zip should also work. Are you sure all the paths is correct? Like is the ENIGMA.exe in the main directory, lgm16b4.jar also in the main directory and so on?

edit: Ok the problem is the windows dependencies 7zip. The included .jar's are not up to date and don't work with the newest ENIGMA. It doesn't compile the compileEGMf.dll and so crashes. Try these:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21117924/ENIGMA_newest_jars.zip
I downloaded them via the install.py. Extract and overwrite the ones you have. Then run again. Wait until it finishes compiling (should show up as "Done" in console).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:22:45 AM by HaRRiKiRi » Logged
Reply #2 Posted on: October 07, 2012, 03:18:19 PM

View Profile
Thanks for help, but none of what you said helped(.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, so I'm writing here what I've been doing.

Way 1.
1) Download https://github.com/enigma-dev/enigma-dev/zipball/master and extract it to the ENIGMA folder.
2) Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1052740/WinPatch.7z and extract it (overwriting) to the ENIGMA folder.
3) Download your winpatch and extract it (overwriting to ENIGMA folder).
4) Unpack lgm16b4.jar and plugins/enigma.jar (using 'Unpack to the current folder').
5) Run ENIGMA.exe

Way 2.
1) Download https://github.com/enigma-dev/enigma-dev/zipball/master and extract it to the ENIGMA folder.
2) Run install.py (as administrator).
3) Copy ENIGMAsystem and ENIGMA.exe to the ENIGMA folder.
4) Run ENIGMA.exe

ENIGMA.exe and lgm16b4.jar are in the main directory (due to unpacking winpatch to the main directory).
Offline (Male) Josh @ Dreamland
Reply #3 Posted on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
Assuming that the DLL was successfully built:  It is very likely that you are using a 64bit JRE, but ENIGMA has been compiled 32bit. It'd be easier just to install the 32-bit JRE from Oracle's website and use it when running ENIGMA.

Running java -version will print that information.

Instead, I can instruct you on building a 64-bit ENIGMA DLL (It will require MinGW64, but you will want to configure ENIGMA to use MinGW32 instead). It'd be more work, but you wouldn't need the 32-bit Java.

Maybe I can coax HaRRi or polygone into writing up a how-to on the Wiki...
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #4 Posted on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:18 PM

View Profile
I found out that there is 32bit Java installed on my PC (in addition to 64bit). But I can't figure out how to force ENIGMA to use it.
My PATH var already contains path to 32 bit java (though it doesn't contain path to the 64bit one).
Reply #5 Posted on: October 08, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
I should probably modify ENIGMA.exe to attempt to launch Java from Program Files (x86) before it tries to launch from Program Files. In the meantime, you can launch LGM explicitly from a command prompt by calling the correct Java install.

The command should be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\java.exe" lgm16b4.jar. Not sure of the name of the Java folder.
"That is the single most cryptic piece of code I have ever seen." -Master PobbleWobble
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall, Friends of Voltaire
Reply #6 Posted on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:57 AM

View Profile
So I tried to run
Code: [Select]
"<Java path>\java.exe" -jar lgm16b4.jar, but the same error occured.
Reply #7 Posted on: October 09, 2012, 11:13:14 AM

Prince of all Goldfish
Developer

View Profile Email
And that same "<Java path>\java.exe" -version says that it is 32-bit?

Does the library compileEGMf.dll exist in the ENIGMA directory?

Maybe it would help if you paste the scrollback from running LGM in the terminal (or from ENIGMA.exe) either here or on Pastebin, so we can see what is happening.
Pages: 1
  Print