ENIGMA Development Environment
Website is in read-only mode due to a recent attack.

Pages: 1
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark the Penguin HD - WORKS IN ENIGMA !!! :D  (Read 2019 times)
Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Posted on: February 15, 2014, 10:59:18 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
So, my game works 100% exactly the same in GM 8.1 and GMStudio as it does in ENIGMA.
However before I can expand my game further at this point I need some help with the
game's physics, I don't know what's wrong with my code but when the penguin character is
on land there's no issues, I have that taken care of. But when underwater, when colliding
with walls sometimes the collision slides and looks perfectly smooth, how it should, other
times not so much. I don't know what is causing this inconsistency but it appears to work
properly and not work properly at random timing.

If anyone is in a position to help, let me know and I'll send you the *.egm source in a PM. I
know the issue isn't a bug in ENIGMA because I've had the same results in both GM 8.1 and
GMStudio. Thanks in advance. Hopefully this will have a quick and easy fix, it seems it will.

In just the past year or so ENIGMA has come a very long way, it used to be that I couldn't
ever load my projects, and when I could, it threw errors that made no sense and often
crashed if the game successfully built for a test run. Almost never worked with even the
most simple games. Now, everything has and still is changing much for the better. My
game loads, compiles, and runs beautifully. I can't thank you guys enough for hangin in
there, the work is more than appreciated. =)

Shits and giggles,
~Samuel
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:13:16 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #1 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 12:04:17 AM

Developer

View Profile
Oh hi TKG, Let me write another post and then fill out my response to you.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #2 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 12:05:59 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Thanks man. =)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #3 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 12:10:24 AM

Developer

View Profile
I have created a new topic which basically goes more in to detail about our Help Desk policy for Isolation of bug reports.
http://enigma-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=1780
This in a way resolves concerns with releasing assets of unfinished games and what not.

Now, back on topic, it would help if you could do the above and make a separate small GMK that only has that specific bug in it, as in, make a copy of your game and delete everything not related to the bug, and send us that copy.

PS: Also, thank you for the kind words TKG.
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Reply #4 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 12:13:09 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Now I'm realizing the time its midnight I'll be more than happy to send you a gmk tomorrow as well.

Talk to you in the morning! =)
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #5 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 12:14:37 AM

Developer

View Profile
Alrighty heh, good, because I am getting tired too :)

Reply #6 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 02:37:17 PM

Contributor

View Profile Email
Okay dude, message sent. =)

Also now I realize this topic would go better in the "Programming Help" forum.
http://enigma-dev.org/forums/index.php?board=50.0

Sorry 'bout that!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:41:34 PM by time-killer-games » Logged
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #7 Posted on: February 16, 2014, 02:49:12 PM

Developer

View Profile
Ohhhhh I am sorry I misinterpreted it, I thought this was a difference in how our collision system performs as compared to GM. Wonderful.

Still though the Isolated Test Case does apply to programming help as well, then you could just link it in your OP so everyone could help, know what I mean?

Pages: 1
  Print