Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm out  (Read 5454 times)
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Reply #15 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 08:04:04 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
TheExDeus:
I don't want to spend my time quarreling about this, as it seems that almost all developers are already doing it, but for example when i remember the following post : http://enigma-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=1245.0 ,where Robert posted in may an update with a changelog of 66 items, mostly bugs fixing, it seems to me that was very useful for the project. So i don't understand when you say that Robert is not doing anything useful for the project.
Offline (Unknown gender) TheExDeus
Reply #16 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 08:17:55 AM

Developer

View Profile
I didn't say he is not doing anything useful for the project. I said that first - people shouldn't exaggerate about him being somehow savior of ENIGMA. It was fine before he came here. And second - he is anxious but not very experienced. That means lot of things break all the time and while bug fixes of course are made, he often times just starts on something else before finishing the first thing. But if this extreme programming works for him then great. Most of the problems would of been fixed with more thorough merge control (now we mostly doesn't check before merging his changes) and regression testing.

Anyway, carry on. For me it's just that Josh was the only reason I joined ENIGMA and he has helped me out immensely over the years. Sad to see him go. I hope he changes his mind and we just reorganize. Put him to work on parser/compiler side of things and other could work on the functional stuff. Previously we had a2h to work on site side of things and then people like Josh didn't have to mess with it.
Offline (Unknown gender) egofree
Reply #17 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 08:39:02 AM
Contributor

View Profile Email
It was fine before he came here.

Sorry, but it was not fine. I feel gratitude for all developers who spent their time on this project, but one year ago the project was very buggy. I tried very hard to develop my game with ENIGMA, but it had a lot of problems. I don't say GM is bugs free of course, but it's better. I am sure i am not the only one who feels the same. There is no wonder, if ENIGMA was not very successful so far, it was mainly because it had a lot of bugs. Anyway i am not complaining as it's free project, but if we want ENIGMA to become successful, we have to face reality.
Offline (Male) DaSpirit
Reply #18 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 08:57:01 AM

View Profile
The idea was that Josh would start again when he has free time. Now I feel Robert is one of the several reasons he wont.
The real reason was because cheeseboy and RobertBColton have been deleting many things lately, including parts of the compiler. Josh kept telling them that they didn't know what they're doing, but they wouldn't listen. This is what drove Josh to leave. In addition, many members have become rude to Josh, telling Josh that he's worthless. Josh won't come back until he's been apologized to.
Offline (Male) Goombert
Reply #19 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 09:31:24 AM

Developer

View Profile
It was fine before he came here.
Harri, you are freaking contradicting yourself, just a few posts back you said things were rather inactive before I arrived. It depends on what your obscure definition of "fine" is but I would say by these standards my arrival was an improvement.

he is anxious but not very experienced.
Again, you provide no evidence of that, and I have provided plenty to the contrary so why don't you stop spreading Ism's propaganda.

The real reason was because cheeseboy and RobertBColton have been deleting many things lately, including parts of the compiler. Josh kept telling them that they didn't know what they're doing, but they wouldn't listen.
What the fuck are you talking about, we have deleted none of his compiler, cheeseboy suggests it each time Josh throws a fit, and this time I am seriously starting to consider making a switch to Rusky's because of this nonsense.

And please for the love of god tell him to stop saying Rusky's parser won't do what we want it to do. We're not that stupid we are clearly fucking aware we'd have to write the code to tell LLVM how we want shit parsed, but it still serves a replacement for 99% of his shit which wouldn't come out as optimal as Clang/LLVM anyway, because I would venture the guys writing LLVM/Clang are also much more experienced then he is, no offense but he's only a 22 year old college graduate. Clang/LLVM has a much broader array of uses and a lot more developers.

This is what drove Josh to leave. In addition, many members have become rude to Josh, telling Josh that he's worthless.
So? Even if some people have become annoyed with him, we aren't in preschool, this isn't kindergarten. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Josh won't come back until he's been apologized to.
We'll welcome him back when he decides to stop being an arrogant prick and actually cooperate, that doesn't mean he doesn't make the ultimate decisions but he doesn't need to be an ass about every single thing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:45:39 AM by Robert B Colton » Logged
I think it was Leonardo da Vinci who once said something along the lines of "If you build the robots, they will make games." or something to that effect.

Offline (Male) time-killer-games
Reply #20 Posted on: December 19, 2013, 09:35:12 AM

Contributor

View Profile Email
If all these people leave I flat out refuse to let this become vaporware. If it means I should spend hours learning how to expand this project myself I'm really close to the point of doing that.
Offline (Unknown gender) fervi
Reply #21 Posted on: December 20, 2013, 05:16:08 AM

View Profile Email
Josh, go eat pizza, drink coke, watch Home Alone and back to us

Fervi
Offline (Unknown gender) Salvakiya
Reply #22 Posted on: January 09, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

View Profile
If all these people leave I flat out refuse to let this become vaporware. If it means I should spend hours learning how to expand this project myself I'm really close to the point of doing that.

I second this. This project has way too much learning potential to become vaporware. Despite my lack of C++ knowledge it looks like I am going to have to learn it =\ .
Pages: « 1 2
  Print